New Strings!

Mckinnon

WKR
Just got a set of strings and cables ordered and couldn't be more excited! I went with Winner's Choice...

OP
Mckinnon

Mckinnon

WKR
Not at all, I got the x8190, and it was $130 out the door for stings and cables. I got a $100 gift card for xmas so used it on this.

vcb

WKR
Nice. That would be cool to do some custom colors on my bow. Winner choice is some of the best strings out there I hear

Slim Jim

WKR
I'm getting the same thing for my Insanity here in the next couple of weeks. Post your thoughts after you shoot with them, I'd like to hear

Rock,
would you of still gone with the WC over some of the custom string individuals had you not had the giftcard?

Mike

OP
Mckinnon

Mckinnon

WKR
Rock,
would you of still gone with the WC over some of the custom string individuals had you not had the giftcard?

Mike

Good question Mike, and the answer is I am not sure. I don't think I would have been able to buy new strings at this point at all because I couldn't have afforded them right now with school and all. But changing them out now will leave me with a solid back up set if needed. Anyway, now that I think a little more on it I would have gone with WC wither way in the future given my current base of knowledge about strings (which is small), but they seem to have a stellar reputation and good quality product. May I ask why you are wondering that?

Good question Mike, and the answer is I am not sure. I don't think I would have been able to buy new strings at this point at all because I couldn't have afforded them right now with school and all. But changing them out now will leave me with a solid back up set if needed. Anyway, now that I think a little more on it I would have gone with WC wither way in the future given my current base of knowledge about strings (which is small), but they seem to have a stellar reputation and good quality product. May I ask why you are wondering that?

Totally curiosity is all! ;) I need to replace my strings this spring and will send my business to a site sponsor for new ones. For $70 it's tough to go wrong! ;)

Mike

OP
Mckinnon

Mckinnon

WKR
Totally curiosity is all! ;) I need to replace my strings this spring and will send my business to a site sponsor for new ones. For $70 it's tough to go wrong! ;)

Mike
Hey Mike I totally get the sponsor thing, I just found Garrick (sp?) postings, wish I would have earlier... I didn't though and I ended up with all new strings and cables for $34 out my pocket. Can't go wrong with that. I just got the best that I personally knew of at the time. Like I said before my knowledge base is little to none, I have been into archery for only about 1 year now so I have a long way to go. Not trying to support the "big guy" over the "little guy" or anything.

a3dhunter

WKR
I put WC on my PSE last summer, did not realize at the time that they used 8190 for my strings.
The shop that initially installed them I had some problems with, once I got that settled and the bow was timed properly and the peep set they never moved. In archery season I hunted 25 days in rain, sleet, and even had some hot humid days pushing the 90's. I did a lot of shooting in 105 degree plus temps during summer. Through all this the WC strings were perfect.
I also understand supporting sponsors, but a few years ago I had a problem with a very reputable string builders string while on a hunt and now want every advantage I can have. I feel that WC gives me that at this time. I am not sponsored, field staff, or any of that either.
In a few months I am sure I will be putting WC strings on my new Hoyt as well.

Hey Mike I totally get the sponsor thing, I just found Garrick (sp?) postings, wish I would have earlier... I didn't though and I ended up with all new strings and cables for $34 out my pocket. Can't go wrong with that. I just got the best that I personally knew of at the time. Like I said before my knowledge base is little to none, I have been into archery for only about 1 year now so I have a long way to go. Not trying to support the "big guy" over the "little guy" or anything.

No worries Rock I understand how it is. These will be the first strings I've ever bought n replaced as well.

Mike

OP
Mckinnon

Mckinnon

WKR
Well I got these babies on my bow and have shot with them quite a bit. Results so far are fantastic, peep isn't moving or creeping whatsoever. I love these strings so far. I will put up a picture of them later! Slim, if you have any specific questions let me know, I remember you had said you were looking into a new set...

Slim Jim

WKR
Thanks Rock, I was at WC booth yesterday for the archery festival and I'm glad I haven't ordered yet because I was going to go with black cherry and silver but the black cherry in person looks pink. I'm going to order mine this week though. Did your colors come out like you thought?

Good to hear about no peep creep.

OP
Mckinnon

Mckinnon

WKR
Ya colors turned out good. I was originally gone just get all black but I decided to get the standard "green" and then black. I really like it.

OP
Mckinnon

Mckinnon

WKR
P1010153_zps0d8e973b.jpg

P1010154_zpsc1c423d2.jpg

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member