NEW Swarovski ATX/STX spotters

dotman

WKR
When will they price themselves out of making a profit? I like the idea but for just that fraction of claritiy with an enormous price when do we say enough is enough? Or will that never happen? Do you really think at $4k it will be better then a razor hd that is $2500 less? What benefit will it create that isn't already there other then the ease in packing it may create?

To me it just seems the clarity on the market currently is pretty amazing how much better can it get? Has it become a game of who spends the most and then justifys that tiny added benefit? Also with more and more quality competition why are the prices still going up?

Last edited:

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh how I wish I had an extra 4k....

Dotman is it 2500$ better scope, heck no but is a corvette 60k better than a camaro?

I'm with ya however corvette owners have to have nice optics too!

hodgeman

WKR
It seems when you get to high end optics you pay dearly for mere fractional increases in performance...

Its probably a great scope but I'd just worry over it in the field.

Folks, they have telescopes that can see into space.. The spotting scopes that are available to us hunters are the tip of the ice berg... Pretty soon we will litterally be able to count the whiskers on animals at several thousand yards away.

Interesting, the weight is over 4 lbs.

dotman

WKR
Folks, they have telescopes that can see into space.. The spotting scopes that are available to us hunters are the tip of the ice berg... Pretty soon we will litterally be able to count the whiskers on animals at several thousand yards away.

Interesting, the weight is over 4 lbs.

And i'll be glassing elk from my deck here in Kansas City :)

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Definitely a very cool system with several improvements in functionality. Just a matter of time until others follow suit. What is the price? I didn't see it on the link. Would be nice to be able to swap out the front end for different tasks - Glassing from/near the road with the 95mm and backpacking with the 65mm. I'm sure the hard-core digiscopers are loving the potential of the 95... Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket today - I hear powerball is up to $300MM :p