New Swarovski EL Range

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I pulled the trigger on the new EL Range binocular today. After much debate and the 33 yard minimum, I still did it. I was at the store for an hour, then left and came back for another hour. This is what I decided. I am a right handed bowhunter so ideally the range button should be one the right as my bow will be in my left. The Swarovski EL Range has the button on the interior left side, which is actually easily within reach for my right hand to get to without any excess movement. The 33 yard minimum came down to it being close. If I can't range it, it is under 33 yards, and at that distance I could be off by over 5 yards and still hit within 2" of where I am aiming. That being said, I plopped the money down and left before I had time to re-consider.

I went immediately to the range and tried them out. Absolutely bullet proof. Quick to range, easy menu style to figure out and the perfect Swaro glass I was used to with my last two sets.

I am glad I was able to handle these in person prior to buying them as that is what sold me.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I spent the last weekend at a 3D shoot preparing for Redding in 10 days. The optics work great. Rangefinder seemed spot in and it was easier to use my right hand then left to activate range finder. The button is the perfect distance so my right index finger falls right onto it. Still would be nice to go down to 10 yards, but for hunting they should work just fine.