New T3x 300wsm on the way - add on advice

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, looking for advice on optics(leaning towards Leupold VX-3i CDS) , bipod, sling, recoil pad that work well with this specific rifle in your experiences. Lightweight preferred. Thanks in advance!

Monty3006

FNG
I have a limbsaver on mine and thoroughly recommend it. Mine is a T3, not x, otherwise I’d have the vertical grip too.

Attachments

• 102D8511-40A3-4BDD-AB45-2153D58891DD.jpeg
    102D8511-40A3-4BDD-AB45-2153D58891DD.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 47

Rob5589

WKR
Vertical grip for sure. Limbsaver pad (should be called "shoulder saver") Clearance the stock as needed to fully float the barrel. @Formidilosus advises more than "dollar bill" clearance.
Scopes are all over. Depends on how much you want to spend and your intended use.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
If you haven’t already found it, there is a semi-custom Tikka thread on the firearms subforum. Lots of ideas in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The factory plastic stock and heavy trigger spring leave a lot to be desired. I would upgrade the stock, the trigger spring, and the bottom plastic.

High desert makes a really nice factory clone bottom metal in aluminum. Great piece.

The YoDave trigger spring makes this factory trigger as nice as any triggertech.

Any of the McMillan, Mesa, or AG composite stocks are super light and fantastic fit/finish.

OP
Ranger 692

Ranger 692

Lil-Rokslider
The factory plastic stock and heavy trigger spring leave a lot to be desired. I would upgrade the stock, the trigger spring, and the bottom plastic.

High desert makes a really nice factory clone bottom metal in aluminum. Great piece.

The YoDave trigger spring makes this factory trigger as nice as any triggertech.

Any of the McMillan, Mesa, or AG composite stocks are super light and fantastic fit/finish.

Good stuff thank you!