New Tents/Tarps and Backpacks from Seek Outside

Muttly

WKR
I just started sweet talking the Missus!!..
Single door doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Might have to start weighing the Franken-tarp, comparing weights...

superA

WKR
Any updates on the eolus or silvertip? I need a smaller tent for the pad size in glacier national park. Looking at a hmg 2 man but would like to see what comes of these first. Leaving in mid may.

Camber__

FNG
It's more of a A frame tarp set up with a full inner available (looks like bathtub style floor and mesh top) and two full vestibules at each end to lock out weather. The neat thing is the zipperless opening of the vestibule, it just slides up and down.

They are releasing the 2 person soon in a newer Sage green (that is silnylon with something else to make it less sticky), and then later are releasing Cuben, 1 person, and 1.5 person versions.

superA

WKR
It's more of a A frame tarp set up with a full inner available (looks like bathtub style floor and mesh top) and two full vestibules at each end to lock out weather. The neat thing is the zipperless opening of the vestibule, it just slides up and down.

They are releasing the 2 person soon in a newer Sage green (that is silnylon with something else to make it less sticky), and then later are releasing Cuben, 1 person, and 1.5 person versions.

No plans that you know of for a 2 man cuben?

superA

WKR
Man, 30 sq feet of coverage inside....that's going to be very tight for two. Our ground pads are about 26" each. Not sure that is going to be wide enough. Anybody verify floor width?

Trial153

WKR
whats the time line for the new shelters and new options that will available for the current shelters?

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Man, 30 sq feet of coverage inside....that's going to be very tight for two. Our ground pads are about 26" each. Not sure that is going to be wide enough. Anybody verify floor width?

It's 49-50 inches wide and 90 inches long for the inner .

Actually can fit 2 people up to 6'6" pretty well with the head 2 toe arrangement . Overall canopy is 65 sq .. however it is not a wall tent nor is it a 3 person or more .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
whats the time line for the new shelters and new options that will available for the current shelters?

Eolus should be next week . The rest will likely be between next week and early May . Cimarron liner is likely pretty soon. The DCF stuff should start to be orderable soon ... but they will not be stock items ...they will be in production runs like order by this date ... we deliver in this window

Will future Cimarrons have different attachment points for the liners or will the design be the same for both new and old?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

On the SO forum, Kevin said the Cimarron liners will be able to be used on my 2 year old version.
I guess I'm just curious if I should hold out on buying a Cimarron until they release the liners to see if they make any different modifications. I'm thinking specifically of the Redcliff's liner hookup and wondering whether new Cimarrons will have that.

Camber__

FNG
I don't know anything about the Redcliff...didn't realize they put a new liner hook up in it. I'd just ask over on their forums. Kevin usually answers within half a day at most.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I guess I'm just curious if I should hold out on buying a Cimarron until they release the liners to see if they make any different modifications. I'm thinking specifically of the Redcliff's liner hookup and wondering whether new Cimarrons will have that.

No changes to base Cimarron .the liner will work like the full nest