New ThermaRest Bags and Quilts at 15 ounces!

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was lucky enough to see these products a year ago and field test them in 2018. The new 900 fill down Hyperion 20 and Hyperion 32 full coverage mummy bags from ThermaRest are incredibly light, warm and compact. They impressed the hell out of me after using them on several trips last year, with how compact and light they were at 16 ounces, yet still as warm as advertised.

ThermaRest also came out with their Ultralight Quilt line this year with the 900 fill Vesper 20 and 32 quilts, which are as light as anything on the market. What I really liked about the quilts though is their pad attachment system and exterior baffling, which prevents drafts better than most quilts I've used.

Will be getting a full review up soon, but I'm sure we will sell out of these fast. Link below to check them out.

ThermaRest Sleeping Bags and Quilts
10723_tr_hyperion_20_deeppacific_regular_open.jpg

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nice to see that they have been EN tested and rated. Another option for everyone to consider.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Interesting options. 57” shoulder girth is pretty dang tight to get those weights though.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Interesting options. 57” shoulder girth is pretty dang tight to get those weights though.
Agreed. I'm 6'2" with decently wide shoulders and fit in the Hyperion Large well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Specs Indicate the bags are roomy (over 40”) and quilts are tight (37”).
I found them both to fit about the same and certainly was as wide as any other quilt I've used.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Specs Indicate the bags are roomy (over 40”) and quilts are tight (37”).
I checked out one of the 32 degree quilts the other day. Way wider than my EE wide revelation. I think the long Vesper is 64" up top, sewn foot box felt fine for me and I wear a 13 shoe. I was on a Helinox cot and I had to pull it up on both sides to keep it from hitting the floor. If someone gets drafts with that quilt they aren't doing something right.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I had a hyperion 32 long. I bought it because of the light weight. I didnt actually get in it for about a month. Then i figured out that it was a 59" shoulder. I had to have my wife zip me up it was so tight. I exchanged it for a western mountaineering megalite 6'6" which is a 65" shoulder. The hyperion was built great and very warm the 3 minutes i was in it. I really liked the bag it was just too tight. I would give it 2 thumbs up for yall smaller folks.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord