New tikka Raptor mount

Looks pretty sweet, I just upgraded from sportsmatch TO84 to the Mountain Tactical 20moa pic rail and Seekins medium rings when I mounted my NX8 a few months back and needed a little more height. This new mount seems like best of both worlds.

763b2b4c9a4e29d8b7cd840268f29719.jpg
150760a6e56dc61d7ebf740a8b79f031.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This looks interesting. Let me know what you think of it. Of course I just bought the Spuhr mount for black friday

I’m curious what guys will think of it. Honestly Iv been less than impressed with my mountain tactical stuff. It works but it’s never appeared to be the highest quality.
I like their Tikka bottom metal, but wasn't impressed with the mags. Sold the 2 ide bought and got more factory mags. Also for hunting, metal on metal was noisy

Lawnboi

WKR
I like their Tikka bottom metal, but wasn't impressed with the mags. Sold the 2 ide bought and got more factory mags. Also for hunting, metal on metal was noisy
I like their mags and bottom metal. Everything Iv gotten has been functional, just lacking in quality, small imperfections, sloppy finishes. I actually really like their mags. I bought them before you could buy factory m+ though, now I need to grab a few of those.

I like their mags and bottom metal. Everything Iv gotten has been functional, just lacking in quality, small imperfections, sloppy finishes. I actually really like their mags. I bought them before you could buy factory m+ though, now I need to grab a few of those.
Is the factory M+ the 6.5PRC mag? Is there somewhere to buy them new?

This mount looks simple, light, and checks all the boxes I'm looking for except I'm sure it's made of 6061AL.

Lawnboi

WKR
Is the factory M+ the 6.5PRC mag? Is there somewhere to buy them new?

This mount looks simple, light, and checks all the boxes I'm looking for except I'm sure it's made of 6061AL.
M+ is the creedmoor mag as well, around 2.9”, though my current rounds .060 off the rifling wouldn’t even fit. I can handle the bit sticking out on the MT mags.

As said MT makes decent stuff, but holding one of their parts in my hand next to a sterk, area 419 or spuhr part it’s immediately noticeable

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had that mountain tactical bottom metal for a few years. I like that the trigger guard is larger than the factory one but I don’t think it improved the rifle all that much.

Why in the world do they have all that metal hanging forward and aft of the rings? Serves absolutely no purpose. Also agree on the fixed ring spacing. Sportsmatch or pic rail and rings for Tikka and me.

OP
PantherCity
I think a good idea would be to have a dovetail clamping ring like the sportsmatch with maybe 3/4” extension and 3 pin holes to allow fore and aft adjustments on the spacing and still pin it. Both front and back rings, using either the pin hole or a socket cap screw in any of the existing mounting holes. You could flip the ring either way for adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CD0311B4

FNG
Still cannot find any real reviews on this mount. Anyone?
I saw 2 reviews on two other sites. They both said good things. I just ordered a blemish medium height 30mm should be here in a few days. Should have the rifle next week as well. I’ll post when I put it all together.

CD0311B4

FNG
Mountain Tactical Raptor Mount

Attachments

• F1956F4F-E297-4982-8D57-E61C15C31D9D.jpeg
    F1956F4F-E297-4982-8D57-E61C15C31D9D.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 138

CD0311B4

FNG
When is fixed ring spacing ever a good thing?
Near Manufacturing, Badger Ordnance, Spuhr, Nightforce, MDT, Seekins….. all the best manufacturers make one piece mounts. I prefer them my self but to each their own. If I remember right the majority of F Class and PRS shooters use one piece mounts.
Why in the world do they have all that metal hanging forward and aft of the rings? Serves absolutely no purpose. Also agree on the fixed ring spacing. Sportsmatch or pic rail and rings for Tikka and me.
Wild guess but I think it’s so they cover the mounting holes not being used. Possibly to not violate the Sphur patent?….