New tikka t3x

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I went with another 6.5 creed. Guess it doesn't hurt to have two! My son likes shooting my lite anyways so it’ll probably be his within the next year or two.
That’s awesome. Make sure to post pics when it arrives.

MP.hunter

FNG
The new Tikka only has a 20” barrel in the 7mm.08, do you guys think this will be sufficient, I am eyeing that caliber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

False_Cast

Lil-Rokslider
The new Tikka only has a 20” barrel in the 7mm.08, do you guys think this will be sufficient, I am eyeing that caliber
You say “sufficient“ which makes me think you’re referring to lost muzzle velocity compared to a 22” or 24” barrel... if so, don’t. It’s negligible and completely irrelevant if you’re talking about killing animals. What is more important is the added muzzle blast. Any single rifle shot without ear pro (even if you’re “in the moment“ and “don’t hear it”) does permanent, irreparable damage to your hearing. In short, without ear pro, the 20” will be less pleasant than a 22” or 24” tube, but all of the above will kill the same and damage hearing as per standard. You do gain handiness going short though, which outweighs minuscule losses in velocity when talking tubes of said length, and blast aside.

MP.hunter

FNG
You say “sufficient“ which makes me think you’re referring to lost muzzle velocity compared to a 2” or 24” barrel... if so, don’t. It’s negligible and completely irrelevant if you’re talking about killing animals. What is more important is the added muzzle blast. Any single rifle shot without ear pro (even if you’re “in the moment“ and “don’t hear it”) does permanent, Irreparable damage to your hearing. In short, without ear pro, the 20” will be less pleasant than a 22” or 24” tube, but all of the above will kill the same and damage hearing as per standard. You do gain handiness going short though, which outweighs minuscule losses in velocity when talking tubes of said length.

Yes referring to velocity, appreciate the info

JFK

WKR
Does the brake screw on or is it milled into the barrel? Nice looking rifle but would be great if the brake was optional.

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
Rifle looks great! Do you know if the plastic knob on the bolt handle comes off? If so, it the regular Tikka bolt knob underneath?
Yeah I’m pretty sure it can come off but no there isn’t like another bolt knob hiding under it. I do prefer this one compared to the original smaller ones.

R_burg

WKR
I'm kind of confused... You guys know this isn't an updated T3x, right? Some of the posts are confusing me.

It's just a new model with a colored stock, cerakoted action/barrel, fluted bolt/barrel and muzzle brake.

Pretty cool, but not an update like T3 to T3x.

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I'm kind of confused... You guys know this isn't an updated T3x, right? Some of the posts are confusing me.

It's just a new model with a colored stock, cerakoted action/barrel, fluted bolt/barrel and muzzle brake.

Pretty cool, but not an update like T3 to T3x.
I mean...it depends on what your definition of update is...it’s the same model with some updated features.

Has anyone weighed the stock yet? Do you think it's still worth upgrading to an aftermarket stock?

slick

WKR
Tomato tomato R_burg.

Skin it either way. It’s a different package available, with features that could be an upgrade/update for individuals wishing to go that route.

R_burg

WKR
Tomato tomato R_burg.

Skin it either way. It’s a different package available, with features that could be an upgrade/update for individuals wishing to go that route.

I own 3 Tikkas, I'm not hating on Tikkas. I know that's a "thing" now, which is beyond me. Earlier in the thread there were posts stating/implying it's a big update.

If any of those individuals think that and want to sell me their outdated T3x with a magnum bolt face so I can build my next Tikka, I'm a buyer. I need a 7mm SAUM.

R_burg

WKR
Have you handled one? It sure feels like a different stock.

What was the massive upgrade from t3 to t3x?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
No. Their YouTube video and marketing material all say its a camo stock with all the same features as their other stocks. Also looks identical.