New tikka t3x

RogerNH

FNG
I will probably pick up a Veil Wideland in 6.5 Creedmoor as a loaner/backup rifle. I do like the Cerakote on these but I can buy a current T3x Lite stainless and get it Cerakoted for the same amount. Threaded muzzle is also a bonus.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. Their YouTube video and marketing material all say its a camo stock with all the same features as their other stocks. Also looks identical.
They "feel" totally different to the touch. The toughtech feels heavier also but I only fondled it for thirty minutes I didn't buy one.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

R_burg

WKR
They "feel" totally different to the touch. The toughtech feels heavier also but I only fondled it for thirty minutes I didn't buy one.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
That's cool! Def not hating on Tikka. I have 3, soon to be 4!

Does anyone know whether the new versions (roughtech and camo) are stainless barrels?

Also, I got to handle a couple of them in the store and the barrel contour on knees seems quite a bit larger than the regular t3x lite and t3x superlite. I'm thinking it would be nice to have one of those barrels... Without the cerakote, brake, and camo of course

RogerNH

FNG
I really don't like the Cerakote color but I want the threaded barrel so I could probably live with the Veil Wideland as-is. The T3x Polyfade is stainless with a threaded barrel and I could just get it Cerakoted in FDE, paint the stock, and it'd be perfect. The only problem is I emailed Beretta and they said they have no plans of selling the Polyfade in the US. I'd also like to know if the steel is stainless under the Cerakote.

Does anyone know whether the new versions (roughtech and camo) are stainless barrels?

Also, I got to handle a couple of them in the store and the barrel contour on knees seems quite a bit larger than the regular t3x lite and t3x superlite. I'm thinking it would be nice to have one of those barrels... Without the cerakote, brake, and camo of course

My guess is that it is not.

They have a superlite model with OD green synthetic stock with fluted barrel that sportsman's Warehouse sells through their web site. That one is cerakoted and it is not a stainless barrel and action... Which is unfortunate because the other difference on that one for the .30-06 is a 24" barrel.

I was holding out to get a Viel Wideland 7mm RM but couldn’t find them anywhere, ordered a super light which should get to my FFL early next week, very excited to hit the range!

I was holding out to get a Viel Wideland 7mm RM but couldn’t find them anywhere, ordered a super light which should get to my FFL early next week, very excited to hit the range!

Probably too late, but I'm 98% sure I saw one in 7rem mag at the Scheels in Sandy, Utah. Not sure if it was the veil or the other camo. You'd have to call... It's not on their web site.

OP
Smokey12

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a tan roughtech in 270wsm instead of 7mm rem mag due to the weight difference.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if the Roughtech barrels are Cerakoted, or are they just blued? I know the Veil models are Cerakoted but I can't find anything about the Roughtechs.

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if the Roughtech barrels are Cerakoted, or are they just blued? I know the Veil models are Cerakoted but I can't find anything about the Roughtechs.
I thought it said they were blued. I definitely don’t think they’re cerakoted on that version.

NDGuy

WKR
Has anyone heard if they are coming out in left hand for these?

Has anyone heard if they are coming out in left hand for these?

Not that I have seen. Only the previous models and certain calibers are getting harder to come by. Sportsman’s Warehouse is where I picked up my T3x super lite 6.5 cm last year for a darn good price though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mulyhuntr

WKR
Has anybody weighed their veil alpine or wideland to see how the weight compares to tikkas website?

JCohHTX

FNG
I bought a nightforce 4-14x56... my gun is supposed to be at my FFL today I've checked the tracking number 10 times and it still says out for delivery :(

I bought a box of Federal Premium 185gr Berger Hybrid Hunters to try out I'll let you know how my gun likes them...
FWIW, and understanding every barrel is different, this roughtech 300 wm really likes Hornady Precision Hunter 200gr.