New to Colorado Springs

SlimWhitman

Lil-Rokslider
Just got confirmation on a work relocation to the Springs starting September 1st.

I’m 34 and from Florida originally. Been in Texas the last 4 years.

Went on my first elk hunt last year and was able to get my buddy a spike with a bow. Didn’t have time for me when we finally had it figured out.

Excited to see what Colorado has to offer. Let’s grab a beer or sling some arrows if you’re in the area.

This also felt kind of like filling out a dating app bio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adrock456

FNG
Coincidentally I moved to the Springs two years ago and am also from Florida. Send me a PM and we can shoot some arrows and grab a beer.

September is perfect timing too!

Vandy321

WKR
Also from the Springs fellas. Moved from the gulf coast (PCB and NOLA) as well, but grew up in the NW. Excited to be back in the mountains. Here now, been scouting terrain, not necessarily deer/elk yet as the snow melts. Try to get out at least once a week for a day if not an overnight. Work a very random schedule, but holler anytime if you want to get outside and cover some ground.

Baron85

WKR
Lots of new folk to the springs area! We just moved to the area last year as well. Loving the area and looking forward to hunting this fall!

CoWapiti

FNG
Hey fellas, I'm also here in the springs. From Texas originally. Always up to sling some arrows or grab a beer. Geared up for backpack hunts this year and I want to get out and break in the new Kifaru and SO gear as much as I can before the season. Feel free to shoot me a PM!

kmiller

FNG
I’m the oddball who moved away from COS. Gotta follow the job though! Also from Florida...went to FSU and worked in Melbourne for a while. Small world.

I’d recommend getting the archery pass for Cheyenne mountain state park if yall haven’t already (and are bow hunters). It was like $30 and good from 1 April to 31 March. They have a target range out to 60 or 70yd. Also a 3d course. There are some good spots to shoot off of gold camp road and old stage road once you get up in the mountains. Great for pistol and rim fire, you can get out to 75-80yd if you get a good spot.

If anyone’s looking at rifle I’ve got some good info on an OTC area about 3.5hr away from the springs and happy to share just hit me up. It’s near Walden CO, basically in Wyoming.

Wish I could join y’all for a beer! Check out Bristol, trinity, and manitou brewing company. If y’all couldn’t tell I kind of miss COS. Enjoy, it truly is Gods country.

gohara

FNG
Howdy fellow springers, I am a CS local and have lived here most of my life. Looking for hunting and fishing buddies if anybody wants to get out sometime. Fairly experienced fisherman, going into fourth hunting season this year. Willing to hunt or fish for just about anything.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the Springs also. Been here about four years. I've got a couple of unsuccessful archery elk seasons under my belt. Looking to get into rifle hunting this year and getting back into turkey hunting this spring. I'm also really wanting to start fly fishing as well. I probably need to break down and get a hunting partner. The wife HATES me spending time in the backcountry solo. I'm always down to meet up with local Roksliders.

Also in the springs. Been here a few years, transplant from the south. Had a few successful elk hunts. Been doing it mostly solo but would like to find some buddies to shoot bows, talk gear and scout with.