New To Hunting

Rail505

FNG
My name is Raul. I live in Albuquerque New Mexico. Just turned 30 in June. Been heavily into firearms since 2012, when my ex best friend/best man (who tried to sleep with my wife while i was working in the oilfield) got me into them when i was 22. Joe Rogan and the Meateater show has got me itching to get into hunting.
No one on my step dad’s or mothers side, or my wife’s family has ever hunted.
The Dentist my wife works for invited me to go hunting with him, so i am slowly acquiring all the necessary gear totake him up on his offer next season. I read somewhere the best way to start hunting is to get someone to take you under their wing to show you the ropes.
I would love to bowhunt for elk. Even though i love Rifle’s, i have heard bowhunting is a million times more intense and fun.
Just got some Leupold bx-4 bino’s, a rx-1600 and a Badlands Bino D Mag bino case. Would be nice to get the Swarovski EL’s, but man are those pricey. Looking at a used Hoyt RX series bow hopefully by the end of this year to start practicing.
Been reading alot through this site and have found a ton of useful info with nearly no bulls#+! post or comments like on other forum sites.
Anyhow just wanted to say hi and hopefully if i make a post ill get some replies. Enjoy your evening.

Hi Raul, welcome aboard. There’s a wealth of info available on this site. But I’m also certain there‘s got to be a few local hunting / Bowhunting clubs in your neighborhood as well. They are also a good first-hand source of info and coachin.

OP
Rail505

Rail505

FNG
Hi Raul, welcome aboard. There’s a wealth of info available on this site. But I’m also certain there‘s got to be a few local hunting / Bowhunting clubs in your neighborhood as well. They are also a good first-hand source of info and coachin.
It never crossed my mind to look into that. Googling now, thanks man.

nobody

WKR
Welcome to the forum and the crazy, overwhelming, addicting, rewarding, and delicious world of hunting and harvesting your own meat! Be sure to let us know if you need help acquiring gear, lots of us are constantly trading gear around can oftentimes offer up some good deals, especially if it means getting a new guy into the sport!

Felix40

WKR
I’m in Cloudcroft. Feel free to message me if you draw any tags around here etc. Good luck.