New to Idaho and this site

ZAdams 1

FNG
Hey everyone,

My name is Zach, I currently live in New Mexico and I am in the Air Force. Within the next few months I will be moving to Boise Idaho which I am extremely excited about. I have hunted all my life mostly water fowl but recently started hunting big game more often. I just got into bow hunting and enjoy the challenge it poses but have no second thoughts on harvesting animals with a rifle if its the right choice. I plan to hopefully find spots to hunt all game within 2-3 hours max from my house in boise.

Mostly I am looking for any advice or tips on hunting Idaho around Boise. Or tips and tricks on navigating this site, good forms to put me in the right direction, ect.

Thanks for any help,

Zach

Last edited:

npm352

WKR
Welcome and thanks for your service.

I moved to Idaho 11 years ago for the hunting and love there. I am on the east side, however, and ha e not hunted near Boise.

There are loads of public land all through the state and plenty of game. Idaho is a great state for yearly opportunity. You can hunt general deer and elk every year.

Best of luck.

You getting stationed at Mnt Home? If so hit me up..been there a couple years.. deployed at the moment but hopefully Ill get back soon. I can help explain things that are a bit confusing at first..