New to kifaru packs

Jb917

FNG
I just ordered a duplex tactical frame, Stryker xl bag, and a quarter panel. The Stryker xl should be all I need for my day hunts from camp while archery elk hunting Colorado.

Currently I use a cheap backpack and then hike back to camp after I kill and trade it out for a basic uncomfortable frame with meat shelf. I like the idea of being comfortable and doing it all with one pack.

I ordered the quarter panel because I help on a lot of Kentucky elk hunts. I don’t need much of a day bag but like the idea of quarter panel on a comfortable frame for packouts.

what holsters are use guys using that will attach to webbing on the waist belt?

Congratulations on your new pack, you're going to love it. In regards to a holster, that question has been asked no less than a couple dozen times. I suggest you use the search function in the upper right corner and you'll find lots of discussions.

OP
J

Jb917

FNG
Congratulations on your new pack, you're going to love it. In regards to a holster, that question has been asked no less than a couple dozen times. I suggest you use the search function in the upper right corner and you'll find lots of discussions.
Thank you. That worked.

Great choice on the Tactical Frame! This holster attaches like a glove to the webbing on my waste belt of the tactical frame. Holstered is a S&W Shield .45

Attachments

• 1745F9E8-B458-4124-BEAF-13D06439FAD3.jpeg
    1745F9E8-B458-4124-BEAF-13D06439FAD3.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 45
  • D542E794-0130-44CE-9300-FE7BEA733DF0.jpeg
    D542E794-0130-44CE-9300-FE7BEA733DF0.jpeg
    633.3 KB · Views: 47
Congrats on joining the Kifaru team, you won’t be disappointed. There gear is durable, fantastic and customizable, which allows the user to add/remove as required. Best of luck with the holster search.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
Any recommendations for a short term/day pack for Eastern Whitetail?

I would go with the shape charge and add on an accessory pocket or two as you see fit.

I really want one but it would be way overkill for what I need so I’ve settled for some more cost friendly options.

pirogue

WKR
Any recommendations for a short term/day pack for Eastern Whitetail?
After using several, I have found the Antero to be the ideal day pack. I also have a Grab It and a Claymore for it, for a bulky item like a coat, or a little more storage. Can’t imagine using a pack, in a tree stand, without a handle, as some packs don’t have.