New to muzzleloader

Lowg08

WKR
I’m wanting to utilize every part of our hunting season. So that puts me in the market for a muzzleloader. What do y’all suggest. Our muzzleloader season is only two weeks long. I want one to last a long time. I was looking at the cva wolf and it seems food for the money and amount of use it would get. The cva accura looks intriguing as well. I looked at the tradition buck stalker at Walmart. Any advice or suggestions. I do want inline with .209 primer and .50 cal

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
Optima is a good middleground. Make sure you get the Blackhorn breechplug, so much easier to use that powder.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I was actually wanting to use the powder pellets. I want one I can buy and use a long time. It would be hard to wear one one two weeks a year. Nebraska has a late season
Muzzleloader season also.

Silentstalker

Lil-Rokslider
I really like my CVA Accura MR.

Shooting pellets works good but I have found better accuracy using loose powder and I second the recommendation for Blackhorn.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
How hard is it to keep powder dry and handy compared to pellets

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
There are a lot of fantastic muzzleloaders out there for a good value. I won’t give an opinion other than my TC Pro Hunter has been fantastic.

I will also agree with using Blackhorn. Using loose powder really isn’t an issue if you pre-load your powder charges into little vials; it’s even faster of a speed load than pellets.

You can get your powder wet if your wet patch (between shots) leaves too much moisture that your dry patch doesn’t soak up. You will get a click instead of a bang if this happens. This is a huge reason why I use Blackhorn209 now because you don’t need to swab between shots. Problem eliminated.

I believe that using Blackhorn makes for a more durable rifle too. Less chance of corrosion if you don’t get a chance to clean in a day or two. Shit happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donjuan

WKR
I have the TC impact.
I use black horn 209 and barnes 290 TEz. Very accurate and easy to clean. I don't think you'll find a better mzl for your $.
Does your state allow scopes and sabots?

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Yea we are allowed to have scopes and sabots. I’ve not really looked at the tc muzzleloader I’ll have to take a look

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m wanting to utilize every part of our hunting season. So that puts me in the market for a muzzleloader. What do y’all suggest. Our muzzleloader season is only two weeks long. I want one to last a long time. I was looking at the cva wolf and it seems food for the money and amount of use it would get. The cva accura looks intriguing as well. I looked at the tradition buck stalker at Walmart. Any advice or suggestions. I do want inline with .209 primer and .50 cal

I’ll be reviewing the CVA Wolf shortly. Today was my first range day. I’ll try to remember to link your thread, but if I forget, just check the top of the muzz forum, it’ll be there. Gun’s got potential, especially for the money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here’s the link to the Wolf I’m testing:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Thank you my bro in law has a wolf and so does a friend of mine

dsotm223

FNG
I've owned a CVA wolf, traditions buck stalker, and now I own a traditions g4 ultralight pursuit. I love that gun. I've also shot several other models including some offerings from TC and the new Remington 700 Long range (the actual name eludes me). Here is what I've learned.
They all go bang when you pull the trigger provided you do your part. I haven't found any to be more inherently accurate than the others if you find the optimum load for the gun, atleast not to my shooting ability. Milk jug or paper plate 5 out of 5 times at 200 yards is my personal standard.
My advice is go some where that sells multiple and shoulder them see what feels the most comfortable to you.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk