New to reloading, what’s your dream kit?

I am looking to get into reloading in the not too distant future and want to start saving to purchase equipment. I want to buy once cry once and have the right equipment to load extremely accurate rounds. I will only be loading for my 7 rem mag to start out.

what does your dream long range reloading kit look like? Down to the details, tooling, equipment, accessories, brass, dies, powder, primers. I have nothing and need to know what is good and what is not.

MThuntr

WKR
How deep are your pockets?
Definitely a factor as a bigger budget gets you a lot of gadgets however spending $150 on dies may be a big jump just starting out

Personally if I were to start out I'd shop the deals and get an single stage press and some standard dies (pick your brand) then focus my time on learning the process. I'm a believer in owning a balance beam scale versus the small digital scales however they work just fine too.

Components wise I'd go ADG Brass, Federal Mag LR Primers, and some Retumbo, IMR8133, or similar powder. Bullets will depend on you wants/needs but I'd probably start with 160 Accubonds or 143 grain or 155 Hammer Hunters.

tdhanses

WKR
Being your new to this rabbit hole, stick with known decent brands such as RCBS, Forester and Redding. Get the best you can afford.

Then once you develop your style and become experienced you can begin to understand what you are asking.

As far as components, don’t worry too much here to start with, just learn on what you can get. Your dream powder may not be available for 2 years etc.

OP
How deep are your pockets?

I really want to know what the best is in terms of assuring consistency and accuracy. If it is too much to bite off, I will decide what I’m willing to spend on and where I can sacrifice. My big thing is I don’t want to buy something that sucks, it gets really expensive when you have to buy multiple times.

tdhanses

WKR
Get match grade micro adjust dies with a bushing sizing die, co-ax press, RCBS Chargemaster powder dispenser and you’ll have a good start. For brass prep as far as trimming, chamfer, debur and primer pocket cleaning get an electronic station or do it by hand.

Get a good lube for sizing cases, get a tumbler to clean, and I’m sure I’m forgetting a ton off the top of my head. Oh you’ll need a bullet puller at some point.

Get a OAL gauge so you can measure to the lands. You’ll need a good consistent and reliable caliper.

No doubt! I definitely appreciate your method, as mine is the same. Even with that line of thinking, I've been priced out of things in the past and was forced to downgrade or not do it at all. Most of my reloading tools have been accumulated over time. I'll be happy to give you one man's dream list though. I'll post back later.

@tdhanses list is solid, I would add the Hornady tools for measuring base to shoulder and base to lands, and the 21st-century concentricity gage. A loading block is very handy too.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Axlrod

WKR
I have been reloading a long time, and have accumulated a lot of stuff. But if I had to trim it down here is what I would keep:
Forster CO/AX
RCBS Chargemaster
Forster BR dies
RCBS Vibe. case cleaner & Dillon separator
Frankford hand prime kit
K&N mandrel die
Mighty armory deprime die
Forster power trimmer & 3-Way cutter
Sinclair load blocks
satern funnel
Forster Datum dial kit
Hornady case length gauge
Starrett dial caliper
Hornady case prep trio
2 load manuals your choice
I might be missing a few things and to load for just one cartridge this is a big investment, so you can definitely find substitutes that are less cost and will load good ammo. Good luck and enjoy the process !

BuckSnort

WKR
You can load some very accurate ammo on the RockChucker kit from RSBS .. Very reasonably priced and can learn a lot on.. When my dad and I started loading 30 years ago we bought that kit, We have added other presses and tools but the old RockChucker still gets used from time to time..

Forster Co-Ax with inline fabrication mount
Forster bushing bump size dies and benchrest / micrometer seat dies
21st Century expander mandrel dies with caliber kit
Forster Trimmer with 3 way cutter
Lyman 2200 auto flo
Forster Co-Ax primer seater
Redding universal decapping die
Imperial size wax
A&D FX 120i w/ V3 autotrickler and autothrow
Mitutoyo (1) dial and (2) digital calipers.
Forster datum dial kit with 2 bodies.
Custom reloading trays 55 and 60 hole.
Benchsource annealer with hoses and Y fitting from big LP tank.

Cases of Fed GM210M
Cases of Fed GM215M
Multiple 8lber's of H-1000, H4350 and Retumbo
1000's of .284 & .264 ELD's
ADG, Bertram, Lapua or Norma brass
Piles of MTM ammo boxes
I'd also like to have some of those ammo boxes that @Unknown Munitions has. They look real nice.

Thats what I can think of for the time being.