New to Rokslide, back hunting after a long time away

oh_steen

FNG
Hey everyone, FNG from Georgia here. I grew up hunting here in North Georgia. I loved hunting whitetails and turkeys, but birds and small game was my real passion. Growing up, nothing got me more excited than busting brush trying to flush rabbits or sitting in a swamp waiting on woodies. But, often happens, as I got older hunting gave way to extra curriculars and eventually college.

Last Labor Day, an old friend invited me to his in-law’s farm for their yearly dove shoot, and it re-ignited the passion. I bought a bow in January, and have been practicing nearly every day since.

I can’t wait to start scouting a couple local WMA’s this summer and rejoin the hunting community this fall.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
oh_steen

oh_steen

FNG
I lived up there for a while in Cornelia and Cleveland,,,,,, good stuff.
Welcome.
I haven’t been through the area in a while, but I remember it being pretty up there. When I was in Athens for college, I used to go up to Cleveland pretty often in since Mt. Yonah was the closest good hike.