New to the forum

Huntermrm

FNG
New to the forum from NE Iowa. Primarily a whitetail guy...quickly becoming an elk addict! Been fortunate to hunt many midwest states for deer, turkeys, upland and waterfowl plus was blessed to harvest a very nice black bear in Ontario with archery gear. In 2017 did my first elk hunt guided to Colorado and have been hooked since. Harvested a smaller 6x5 the first night with my 7mm...pretty simple. Hunted the same unit, same outfitter in 2019 five hard days and couldn't get it done...last night of the hunt had a bull standing broadside at 280yds but could not see rack to be sure 100% legal...so passed. Saw him a few minutes later and he was definitely a beauty. Unfortunately he did not present a shot and busted us. I live daily with an image of a big bull standing broadside at 280 with his head down grazing on the edge of the woods. 2020 is my transition year to DIY and back to my true love of archery. The addiction is real from studying units, topo, watching videos nearly daily, new bow and shooting most days, new gear, a hiking/scouting trip to CO two weeks ago, and the addiction goes on. Did not draw first draw in CO, waiting for second. Building points in Wyoming and on wait list for Montana. If have to, will be OTC Colorado...but going to be in the mountains in September.