New to the forum

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
Typical new guy post. I’ve been lurking for awhile now and figured I’d finally join the site. I unfortunately live in New Jersey and have grown up hunting small game, waterfowl, and whitetails throughout NJ and on my family farm in PA.

Since starting a family and my career, I’ve focused all my free time on whitetail hunting which I have become obsessed over. This past fall I went on my first true out of state hunt and hunted whitetails in Maine. I was fortunate to kill a way better buck than I could have ever dreamed of for hunting an area I only e-scouted.

I have always dreamed of heading out west however thought it was unattainable without paying tons of money on an outfitter. After doing some research I found that to not be true. Last year I started building points in some states and then was just able to grab an OTC tag in Idaho. My buddy and I will be heading out this spring to bear hunt, but mainly scout, and then back out there in October.

I have a lot to learn which I am looking forward to. I also need to acquire some gear and I know there’s a ton of knowledge within the forum.

Happy to be here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

CRSWY

FNG
I am giving this a try. Not super crazy about forums but have heard better things about this one. I have been hunting for my self nearly all my life and spent 25 years guiding. I have been flying for 13 years. Looking forward to the conversations.