New to the rokslide old man everywhere else. Olympic peninsula

Hopps

FNG
Hello! I met one of the mods of the site at a recent match and thought I would check the place out. I live on the Olympic peninsula and have hunted the area for over 30 years, as did my father and his father before that back to when wolves had bounties on them.

I muzzle load elk wet side and do modern rifle high buck. I maintain about 90% with elk and 50% with the high buck. I just got done reading the diy backpack food thread so now I've got to go find another dehydrator since I don't want to mix drying food and brass.

Anyone in the area I have an exceptional place to shoot on private property out to 1200 yards and everything in between.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
I might need to hit you up on that offer! Do you do your high buck hunts in 621? I took one out of the Buckhorn last year

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend to you a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to this fine forum.

Eddie

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
Yep Buckhorn hunter here. Try to make it down to the lake every year and get a trout also :)

Excellent! I spend about 2 weekends a month out there. It used to be such a well kept secret until this past year. My bear hunts were ruined by literally hundreds of people flooding in

OP
H

Hopps

FNG
Excellent! I spend about 2 weekends a month out there. It used to be such a well kept secret until this past year. My bear hunts were ruined by literally hundreds of people flooding in
Go higher up / further off trail:)

JohnB

WKR
I'm not in the area anymore, but I would still rather you delete all the specific place names. Maybe a private message is a better place for specifics?
As Clarktar says don't underestimate how many people read this forum. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you are headed over to the Pasayten and have any general lay of the land questions. And welcome aboard.

OP
H

Hopps

FNG
Yea, I have ran into some big groups up there. I put in around 7 miles a day off trail, I see a person or two but I see a good number of animals too. Pretty country. Half the time I spend glassing I'm actually just looking at terrain.

Nealm66

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome ! I cut some timber over there for Pete and mike papac back in the day. Some thick brush over there in places and wow, the rain is no joke.

Hello! I met one of the mods of the site at a recent match and thought I would check the place out. I live on the Olympic peninsula and have hunted the area for over 30 years, as did my father and his father before that back to when wolves had bounties on them.

I muzzle load elk wet side and do modern rifle high buck. I maintain about 90% with elk and 50% with the high buck. I just got done reading the diy backpack food thread so now I've got to go find another dehydrator since I don't want to mix drying food and brass.

Anyone in the area I have an exceptional place to shoot on private property out to 1200 yards and everything in between.
Welcome, Lived in Shelton for a long time and now in Olympia... which match? Congrats on a spot to shoot that far, getting harder to find.

OP
H

Hopps

FNG
Welcome ! I cut some timber over there for Pete and mike papac back in the day. Some thick brush over there in places and wow, the rain is no joke.
Right on! My whole family used to be hand fallers at one time, now they contract out there feller bunchers and processors.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Welcome.

Used to love steelhead fishing the OP and watching the storms on the ocean. Awesome place.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
For any of you close enough that aren’t on the Hunting Washington forum, we’re having a Kitsap meet up on April 29 at Hops & Drops in Silverdale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
For any of you close enough that aren’t on the Hunting Washington forum, we’re having a Kitsap meet up on April 29 at Hops & Drops in Silverdale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the edit Aginor!