New Toy

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I always wanted a .338LPM but could never find one that spoke to me.

Two weeks ago I saw Eurooptic's sale on Christensen Arms rifles and saw the .338LPM ELR was only 2200. Started doing some research and came across Broz's review which sealed the deal for me.

Shortly thereafter, I got a steal of a deal on a Crimson Trace's 5 Series 3.5-24x56 and an ATLAS PSR Bibod.

End result is one sexy looking rifle that is packable for me. I cannot wait to get started on working with some loads and getting it dialed in.

IMG_4385.jpgIMG_4382.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4382.jpg
    IMG_4382.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 50
OP
ganngus

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
What components are you going to start your load development with??

This is going to be a hunting first rifle and I’m in very early stages of preparing. I’ve got 5 boxes of Berger factory 300g elite hunters I’m going to begin shooting through to break barrel in. I also have a box of new lapua brass my buddy gave me.

Being a hunting first rifle, I am looking at 250g+ bullets. I have always been a Barnes TTSX fan because my 300win mag loved them, but they don’t come in over 255g. As such I’ll probably be initially playing with some LRX loads.

Additionally, I’m going to try the Berger 300g elite hunters. The performance on the factory loads are sick. Heck, Berger’s ballistic calculator is saying the factory loads carry with it 1600+ ft-lbs of energy at 1600yds.

Again, I’m still in early stages. Rifle was spur of moment opportunity and my head is still overwhelmed with information online and prospects of what may be at my fingertips.

I always wanted a .338LPM but could never find one that spoke to me.

Two weeks ago I saw Eurooptic's sale on Christensen Arms rifles and saw the .338LPM ELR was only 2200. Started doing some research and came across Broz's review which sealed the deal for me.

Shortly thereafter, I got a steal of a deal on a Crimson Trace's 5 Series 3.5-24x56 and an ATLAS PSR Bibod.

End result is one sexy looking rifle that is packable for me. I cannot wait to get started on working with some loads and getting it dialed in.

View attachment 179015View attachment 179016
What size rings did you have to use to fit the 56mm scope on that? I have the elr in 7mm and was looking a 50mm scope and was between 24 or 28mm rings with bath base.

OP
ganngus

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
What size rings did you have to use to fit the 56mm scope on that? I have the elr in 7mm and was looking a 50mm scope and was between 24 or 28mm rings with bath base.

Weaver 34mm high Rings.