New Tripod Set up for NL Pures

I did are fair amount of research and here is what I went with for my 12x42 NL Pures:

Slik 634
Outdoorsmans stud (easy to install)
Outdoorsmans bino adapter (short)
Outdoorsmans pan head
Outdoorsmans quick release adapter
Outdoorsmans window mountView attachment 319333
I run same setup.
I have the pistol grip with panner and a gitzo 1720 with OD adapter also in my arsenal.
You can remove the aluminum disc at the top of the center column on the slik tripods. Makes for a cleaner look with the qr adapter installed.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I did are fair amount of research and here is what I went with for my 12x42 NL Pures:

Slik 634
Outdoorsmans stud (easy to install)
Outdoorsmans bino adapter (short)
Outdoorsmans pan head
Outdoorsmans quick release adapter
Outdoorsmans window mountView attachment 319333

Do you mainly sit or stand behind that tripod? Or a good mix? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mainly sit or stand behind that tripod? Or a good mix? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I literally just got it set up today so I have not used it in the field yet. I went with the 634 so I could both sit and stand depending on the topography.

fatrascal

WKR
Over the weekend I met a fellow rokslider on the mountain. He has the new 10x42 NL pure and I have the older el rangefinder bino's in 10x42. He let me take a look through his NL's. Let me tell you, those NL's are magnificent. Will be selling my binos to get the NL's after hunting season.
To answer the original posters question about wether or not the 10's are enough without a spotter my opinion would be no.
But if you cannot afford a spotter at this time then take the 10's and go hunting and get the spotter when you can afford it. Other options are, get a cheap spotter to hold you over until you can upgrade. Or, Rent a spotter from one of the optic renters.
If weight is the issue then I suggest the kowa 553. Very lightweight and good quality. If weight is not the issue then I suggest a 65mm spotter with a 20x60 or compatible zoom. A spotter is just too important of a tool to leave out of your arsenal. Fatrascal

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if you can install an outdoorsman stud in Kowa Genesis 10.5x44?
I don’t think the kowa is threaded for a stud. You’d need a different setup that grips the barrel like the outdoorsman bino hand

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Over the weekend I met a fellow rokslider on the mountain. He has the new 10x42 NL pure and I have the older el rangefinder bino's in 10x42. He let me take a look through his NL's. Let me tell you, those NL's are magnificent. Will be selling my binos to get the NL's after hunting season.
To answer the original posters question about wether or not the 10's are enough without a spotter my opinion would be no.
But if you cannot afford a spotter at this time then take the 10's and go hunting and get the spotter when you can afford it. Other options are, get a cheap spotter to hold you over until you can upgrade. Or, Rent a spotter from one of the optic renters.
If weight is the issue then I suggest the kowa 553. Very lightweight and good quality. If weight is not the issue then I suggest a 65mm spotter with a 20x60 or compatible zoom. A spotter is just too important of a tool to leave out of your arsenal. Fatrascal
Just bought a pair this weekend (NL Pure 10x42)...amazing. In the store, I was counting eyelashes on a moose mounted to the wall at 150 yds away. Since getting them home I glassed until well after sunset and again this morning prior to sunrise, I was able to pick out things that I have looked at countless times with my Vortex Razors and never knew they were there. People probably think you are full of it when you tell them how good these are, but man its no lie.