New Tripod Set up for NL Pures

Riplip

WKR
Just pulled the trigger on some 10x42 NL Pures (very impressed), and now looking to get a tripod set up. This will be my first set up and want to see if anyone has any feedback before I pull the trigger so to speak. Right now I don't plan to use a spotter, just the NL's.

Slik CF634
Outdoorsmans Panner, small binocular adapter, NL stud and pistol grip.

Any alternatives or thoughts?

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
I have never used the pistol grip but can imagine it would be great.

I am currently running an outdoorsman medium compact with a Jim white 2.0, I also do some photography so this setup is very versatile and covers all aspects I need it to. And if you ever grow to a spotter this will work as well.

Let me know if you have any questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
The Slik 634 is a great choice, but if you're specifically using it for the NL's, I would save weight and space and get a lightweight ball head.

If you are just using the NL's, get a good ball head. Personally I feel they arer the best for glassing. Can turn on a dime in any direction

Slik 634
Outdoorsman panhead or pistol grip with planner.
I personally like the pistol grip best with binos. Put prefer the panhead for spotters.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Whats the consensus on the NL Pure and the stud? Would a different adapter device be better? I've been hesitant to put the stud on after I read that the Pure's didn't do much to make it easy on us to install.

Elkangle

WKR
It's pretty dang easy to install a stud

The rrs cinch wouldn't be bad but I'm unsure how having the pivot point being on one side or the other would effect panning

Whats the consensus on the NL Pure and the stud? Would a different adapter device be better? I've been hesitant to put the stud on after I read that the Pure's didn't do much to make it easy on us to install.

Whatever you read, forget about it… that is 100% bullshit.

It literally can not get much easier to install an outdoorsman NL stud. I’ve heard things like this mentioned on here…. I would love to know how someone could say it’s hard/difficult….

A child could install it.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Whatever you read, forget about it… that is 100% bullshit.

It literally can not get much easier to install an outdoorsman NL stud. I’ve heard things like this mentioned on here…. I would love to know how someone could say it’s hard/difficult….

A child could install it.

Awesome. Kinda what I wanted to hear. These are my first Swarovskis so I'm a little scared of damaging them. But really wanted to upgrade to an outdoorsman setup.

Awesome. Kinda what I wanted to hear. These are my first Swarovskis so I'm a little scared of damaging them. But really wanted to upgrade to an outdoorsman setup.

Outdoorsmans includes everything you need, even the loktite……the instructions include a QR code that links you right to an install video. You’ll love it and be glad you got it! 🤘🏻🤘🏻

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoorsmans includes everything you need, even the loktite……the instructions include a QR code that links you right to an install video. You’ll love it and be glad you got it!

Ok so dumb question. I know I need the bino bracket/post piece. If I get the pan head do I need the little plate as well or will that come with the head?

Ok so dumb question. I know I need the bino bracket/post piece. If I get the pan head do I need the little plate as well or will that come with the head?

The bino adapter base fits directly into an outdoorsman head. Pistol, micro or standard panhead.
The adapter is also 1/4 x 20 threaded to adapt to most any plate or head.

Sako300

WKR
Absolutely love my stud! Have used it scouting the past month! Phenomenal!!! Left a review on outdoorsmans

Attachments

• 897D833A-E9CB-4A64-AD38-CBBC7D645ED3.jpeg
    897D833A-E9CB-4A64-AD38-CBBC7D645ED3.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 66
I did are fair amount of research and here is what I went with for my 12x42 NL Pures:

Slik 634
Outdoorsmans stud (easy to install)
Outdoorsmans bino adapter (short)
Outdoorsmans pan head
Outdoorsmans quick release adapter
Outdoorsmans window mountE863855F-5392-43BC-8483-7454715E5007.jpeg