New truck, no idea what this is... help!

Dunndm

WKR
This will technically be a 2 part question/discussion.

1. I recently got a new truck and have an idea but not 100% sure what this is in my tail bed. Any one have an exact clue? I’m guessing it’s for a truck cover/some kind of roll out system?
c745758c38dabe86fa41682394824b52.jpg

de449df7fd9a253c7101850effc02b8d.jpg

Also, does anyone have any good, bad, decent or anything really on the V8 Nissan Titan 4x4? Crew cab.

P.S. ignore the Costco pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antares

WKR
Where'd you grow up that people say "tail bed"? Serious question, not making fun.

Looks like some sort of utili-track system or something like that.

I think Nissan screwed up and didn't market the Titan well enough, then Toyota came along with the Tundra and ate their lunch.

Vandy321

WKR
It looks like a clone of the bedside rails on the tacomas. Helpful for tie-down points, spare tire carriers, hi-lift jack mounts. You can find a bunch of different brackets to mount stuff that will slide in those rails on little t-nuts and then lock down. Google bed frame rails toyota tacoma for pics and ideas.

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
Where'd you grow up that people say "tail bed"? Serious question, not making fun.

Looks like some sort of utili-track system or something like that.

I think Nissan screwed up and didn't market the Titan well enough, then Toyota came along with the Tundra and ate their lunch.

Tail bed, truck bed hahaha born and raised in a city in California... moved to South Carolina for a reason. Haha

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
It looks like a clone of the bedside rails on the tacomas. Helpful for tie-down points, spare tire carriers, hi-lift jack mounts. You can find a bunch of stuff to mount that will slide in those rails on little t-nuts and then lock down. Google bed frame rails toyota tacoma for pics and ideas.

Awesome! I appreciate it!

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
It looks like a clone of the bedside rails on the tacomas. Helpful for tie-down points, spare tire carriers, hi-lift jack mounts. You can find a bunch of different brackets to mount stuff that will slide in those rails on little t-nuts and then lock down. Google bed frame rails toyota tacoma for pics and ideas.

Any idea if there is a hard cover like a teannu (might be wrong spelling) that fits with this system?

OP
Dunndm

Dunndm

WKR
I've owned the same Titan for 9 years, 120K, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Thank you, I’ve seen limited stuff on the Titans online. Feel like it’s a pretty unique truck that’s not really marketed that welll.

Vandy321

WKR
Any idea if there is a hard cover like a teannu (might be wrong spelling) that fits with this system?

See if Extang trifecta 2.0 wil fit. It should mount and lock on those rails, its a tri-fold soft tonneau, pretty rugged though and nice and weatherproof.

Had a 2006 Titan that I really enjoyed. Virtually no unexpected maintenance at all prior to trading in 2017 with 155,000 miles on it. A cracked radiator was literally it.

Handled great offroad too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Definitely for the tie down system. Same arrangement for my 08 frontier. No experience with the titan though it is a strong contender when my frontier goes to truck heaven.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
Most of the tonneau covers will require that you take the rails off in order to install. Usually the way around this is to flip the rails upside down to get the clearance needed for the cover. Your truck should have come with 4 removable tie down points for the rails. If it didn’t, I still have my set, let me know and I’ll ship them to you if you cover shipping costs. The rails are also compatible with Superstrut accessories that are sold in the electrical section of Home Depot/Lowe’s.

Was a big fan of that rail system in my Nissan. Only time I didn’t like it was if you haul something loose like gravel or mulch. Sucked to try and clear it out.

Also, does anyone have any good, bad, decent or anything really on the V8 Nissan Titan 4x4? Crew cab.
The 1st generation of titan's are literally the most underated 1/2 ton ever. They're comparably reliable to a toyota tundra without the hype and additional price tag. After having multiple generations of 1/2'rs from all three domestic manufacturers I'd take a titan any day over gm/ford/mopar. They also offered a true 7' bed when the trend from others was going to the pointless/soccer mom 5 1/2' beds which still are for weekend warriors.

I have no idea if the durability carried forward on the newest generation though. Looks like yours is the older?

tyler75

FNG
It’s a mid gate. Super handy when hauling ice chest or other gear you don’t want sliding around. Just slide the gate up to the ice chest. No need to tie gear down you don’t want sliding around. I had an ‘07 Titan and I loved using the midgate

It's a modular rail system. Has a lot of options and there are a lot of aftermarket attachments made also. It was designed shortly after the flip out bed extenders. I believe Nissan actually had both before Toyota :) . Not sure though.
That truck should be a great rig for you. I have a Titan and a Frontier. Both have been excellent trucks. My Frontier has 350,000 miles on it and still going good. Original engine with no major repairs.
I don't drive the Titan as much , but so far it's been great.