new truck time

h2so4

WKR
I spent one morning driving new half ton trucks in Feb. F150, Chevy Trail Boss and GMC Denali.
The trail boss had the worst ride and interior. It was an easy Nope.

The GMC Denali was nicer inside and had a little better ride. The 6.2L was fine. It was fine and would have worked.

The F150 Powerboost (the engine combo I wanted) was by far the best ride. The power /speed was excessive and awesome. The interior was every bit as nice as the GMC, if not better. I ordered a F150
powerboost lariat with the 502(a) package.

My problem with the tundra is that if you are even close to 6 feet there’s nowhere for your body to go. I can’t handle that. So Toyota can also suck it. Leaves few options really.
Are you talking about the 2022 Tundra? I had a 2019 and it was the most spacious truck I have ever owned, and I have had about all of them. I am 6’5” btw.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
It hurts me to say this. I’ve always liked my fords (a lot), and I like the 2018 F150 I currently have for the most part as far as features go, but I wouldn’t get a 3.5 eco boost.
I’m just under 100k miles and have had the cam phasers replaced once under warranty(~58k miles), again at a discount (I paid 33% ~$600) 20k miles later, and then had to come out of pocket for a full timing replacement $5k 13k miles after that. This is all between 50k and 100k miles. Only reason I’m still driving it is truck prices are outrageous and the last job has a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. I priced a new motor, and installed the cost was equal to about 1 year of truck payments on a similar new truck, so didn’t make sense to take on a new note.

It’s got another advancetrac sensor gremlin but none of the service centers have gotten it to happen when they had the truck, and it‘s a huge pain for us to be down to one vehicle so I just live with it for now.

324matt

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my 2019 ram Cummins and went to a 2005 suburban. I’ve been looking for a 2006 gmc/Chevy with a 8’ bed and the 8.1L engine. I’m never buying another new truck. To me they are a waste of money. I can work on older stuff and pay cash for them. Having a $500-$1,000/mo truck payment for 72mo is not a smart financial decision for me. The more expensive trucks get, the more stuff can go wrong with them. Maybe I’m old skool? Even if gas is $10/gal, I’d be ahead with a truck that gets 8-10mpg and is paid for

dtrkyman

WKR
I am milking my current vehicle for all it's worth, I would need another job to afford any decent new vehicle right now!

Reactions: AZ8

Sled

WKR
New truck time is coming. Wait for the price drop like 2008. Full size trucks are sitting on the lots. People started buying the little ones instead.

WKR
I ordered mine Feb 4th from Granger Ford in Iowa. They locked in the price with a $1,000 deposit. It was priced at 2% under invoice price at that time. That was maybe $7000 or so under MSRP. There have been about $3500 to $4000 in price increases since then but my price is locked at the Feb 4 number. So its a slow process but there are still deals if you wait. F250 crew cab, Lariat nicely loaded, 7.3 gasser, 4x4, rear locker all in for under $58000 new.

Tugboatr

FNG
Hate it for ya, truck market sucks. Repos on the rise should start getting better

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

New truck time is coming. Wait for the price drop like 2008. Full size trucks are sitting on the lots. People started buying the little ones instead.
Be careful making assumptions....they aren't making nearly the number of trucks they were back in 08....I think the days of inventory sitting on lots is over...its gonna be build to order going forward. They closed to order books on F250s almost 2 months earlier this year.

ChrisAU

WKR
I ordered a GMC Canyon AT4 CCLB gasser on 11/9/21. It was built 5/12/22. Still waiting on it to leave the plant. It is very frustrating.

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
If you have something worth selling/trading in then the time is now. My 2018 Tacoma is worth about 4-6k easy more than i paid for it OTD in 2017. I am wanting a 2022 Tundra which Toyota just updated this year. I can get one for MSRP around here. In normal times it would probably only be $2k max below msrp (brand new model, first MY). My Tacoma would probably be 2-3K less than I paid for it OTD though... so I come out way ahead if I dump the Tacoma now and buy brand new. Just turned down one Tundra a few days back due to color. Just trying to time dumping the Tacoma at the right time.

If you can wait, the truck prices will drop.
This speculation or do you have knowledge of the market? Genuine question as I may be in the market and want as much info as possible. I was planning on getting serious after Halloween.

I said I would never own a new vehicle. My 2005 duramax with 250,000 miles is running fine but showing her age. I'm to the point of dropping several thousand into her to bump up reliability or buying something new probably by next spring. I've seen several just like it being sold for exactly what I paid for it 10 years ago with 140,000 miles on it. Every pickup I see that is a few years old and has 40-60k miles on it is still going for $40,000+ here. Pricing out a new 5.3 Silverado with the features I want (basically a step above work pickup) is right at $50,000. And will come with 10 years of warranty. I may actually go that route. It would be my first vehicle payment ever, but I can live with it if I keep it under $250/month and pay it off in a couple years. If I could wait and get one for less than $45k, I feel like it becomes a no-brainer compared to the alternative used price (although that amount still makes me sick!)

Any Alaska guys on here have experience buying in places like Seattle? Or anyone know of a dealer in the northwest that is notorious for better pricing on new vehicles?

Here is my opinion.
I own/owned them All minus nissan.
‘I had 3 2018 chevys. One was a giant pos that I sold in 2020. They other 2 have been pretty good for what I put them through And still own
i have 2020 ram and 2021 ram. One had a fan clutch go out at 15k and both have tire sensor issues.
i have 2020 chevy that has been good. It has 65 k on only minor recall issues.
I have 2007 tundra with 315k. Minus a rear oil seal and a thief cutting the cats. It’s been great.
2018 tundra zero issues
2020 tundra zero issues.

all these trucks are 4wd and most are loaded. Most get drove hard as the drivers don’t own them so neglect is a issue. Aka if it’s breakable we will do it.

im missing fords as my last 3 where garbage. However I know plenty of guys who love them with zero issues.

11boo

WKR
This speculation or do you have knowledge of the market? Genuine question as I may be in the market and want as much info as possible. I was planning on getting serious after Halloween.

I said I would never own a new vehicle. My 2005 duramax with 250,000 miles is running fine but showing her age. I'm to the point of dropping several thousand into her to bump up reliability or buying something new probably by next spring. I've seen several just like it being sold for exactly what I paid for it 10 years ago with 140,000 miles on it. Every pickup I see that is a few years old and has 40-60k miles on it is still going for $40,000+ here. Pricing out a new 5.3 Silverado with the features I want (basically a step above work pickup) is right at $50,000. And will come with 10 years of warranty. I may actually go that route. It would be my first vehicle payment ever, but I can live with it if I keep it under $250/month and pay it off in a couple years. If I could wait and get one for less than $45k, I feel like it becomes a no-brainer compared to the alternative used price (although that amount still makes me sick!)

Any Alaska guys on here have experience buying in places like Seattle? Or anyone know of a dealer in the northwest that is notorious for better pricing on new vehicles?
That is pure speculation on my part. It happened in 2008 when gas spiked, but they were building trucks non stop back then.

Super tag

WKR
I used to be Chevy all the way. My 2019 3500 Dmax was such a piece of crap I switched to Ford, I can’t believe how much nicer Ford trucks are. No rattles, more refined. Sorry I didn’t try Ford sooner.

kda082

WKR
Dumped my old Ram and went with a new Frontier, but I’m an empty nester. It’s a sh#t show out there right now. Don’t pay market adjustment. MSRP is bad enough and there are good dealers out there, just have to find them.

Attachments

• 032D4739-E73E-49E7-9099-A73F7A81CB8F.jpeg
    032D4739-E73E-49E7-9099-A73F7A81CB8F.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 48