New Truck

fmyth

WKR
Just to be clear the GCWR is the gross combined weight rating of a truck and trailer. A standard f350 should be 8-10k pounds.

Or am I misreading which is why you stare at the bottom about the 2500 or 250 sized trucks towing big 5th wheels
Yes GCWR is the gross combined weight of your truck/passengers/payload rating plus the gross trailer weight rating. It's pretty surprising what these new trucks are rated for. Here's the specs on Ram 3500's and Ford 350s. Keep in mind each option added, like a sunroof for instance, reduces the payload and tow rating but not the GCWR. When shopping for new Ram trucks I found that you had to look up the vin for each individual truck to get the actual payload, tow rating and GCWR of look at the door sticker and do the math.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.53.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.53.36 AM.png
    236 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.54.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 7.54.54 AM.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.05.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 8.05.56 AM.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

packer58

WKR
Just purchased a 2021 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel, first of all .....WOW, there have been a lot of upgrades from my 01 7.3 that iv'e owned since 02. Not to derail this thread much but for you guys that have installed a front leveling kit, what should i stay away from, what are the must haves regarding the kits ??

Just purchased a 2021 F-250 FX4 6.7 diesel, first of all .....WOW, there have been a lot of upgrades from my 01 7.3 that iv'e owned since 02. Not to derail this thread much but for you guys that have installed a front leveling kit, what should i stay away from, what are the must haves regarding the kits ??
go with Carli suspension leveling springs at a min. Full leveling kit is better

How’s this going?
I’m back in the market and the 7.3 is the more appealing option although harder to find locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
47k no big issues...the nav/infotainment computer shit the bed about a month ago but it was fixed under warranty as there was TSB published for it. Too many damn electronics on these new trucks.

ikeG

FNG
Make sure the leveling kit you choose either has an adjustable track bar or a Trac bar drop/relocating bracket. I just installed a Commuter kit by Carli on a 22 Tremor. Wow, the ultimate for sure but there are decent cheaper routes

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

packer58

WKR
Make sure the leveling kit you choose either has an adjustable track bar or a Trac bar drop/relocating bracket. I just installed a Commuter kit by Carli on a 22 Tremor. Wow, the ultimate for sure but there are decent cheaper routes

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk
Took a look at the commuter kit you mentioned, looks like it checks all my boxes as far as leveling goes and ride improvement. My truck has the FX4 package and rides pretty stiff. Not wanting to mess with the rear other than air bags at this point.

Weldor

WKR
My service truck had the Godzilla, wow. 3-4 mpg. My diesel Ram Sterling service truck ave. 12 -15 mpg . Don't understand the logic for a gasser to tow heavy loads? I get it people like gasser's ok. But I don't see the gain? I ave 20+ in my personal 18 Megacab 4x4 there's not a gasser out there that can come close. 600 mile range saves on fuel vs 10 mpg. I can see it if you only need 1/2 ton. 3/4 and above for towing .Diesel is the way to go. I never vary from stock ,just drive em. Usually get 350-400000 out of them with minimal maintainence. JMHO

amassi

WKR
47k no big issues...the nav/infotainment computer shit the bed about a month ago but it was fixed under warranty as there was TSB published for it. Too many damn electronics on these new trucks.

Sync has always been a pita
If you have an I phone Apple car play works great In my f150 and my wife’s expedition.

How’s the 7.3 doing real world mileage wise?

Sync has always been a pita
If you have an I phone Apple car play works great In my f150 and my wife’s expedition.

How’s the 7.3 doing real world mileage wise?

It was the APIM module which contols way more than just sync..Towing 8ish...just went to WY and back averaged 15.1 on the interstate. Eco mode and using cc help a lot on the interstate. I replaced the factory gas tank with a 58 gallon tank. Charlotte to Gillette WY 3 tanks of gas...It gives me 800 mile range when not towing and comes in handy when towing.

Just my 2 cents and worth exactly what you paid for it. If you do decide on a Ford diesel (6.7L), please stay away from any of the aftermarket stuff - especially tuners. My mechanic tells me the primary failure on these newer engines is the aftermarket stuff and tuners. These things crank out over 1000 ft-lbs of torque and 500+ horsepower from the factory. If you're into longevity and reliability, just keep the maintenance up on the engines and drive them. These are words from a shop owner that works on these engines for a living. Again, this is worth about what you paid for it but I figure a guy that works on thousands of these things a year might know what he's talking about.
I've got a number of friends who own diesel shops. Every one of them is driving a deleted truck.

The issues are when people do it as cheap as possible.

You guys suggesting doing Def deletes are living in the past. Can't be to many shops willing to do them anymore, if they could even get parts.
Parts and tunes aren't hard to find.

Just gotta talk to the right people.

You don't need a shop to install it. But even if you did...

Took a look at the commuter kit you mentioned, looks like it checks all my boxes as far as leveling goes and ride improvement. My truck has the FX4 package and rides pretty stiff. Not wanting to mess with the rear other than air bags at this point.
if you can spring for pintop, i would but the commuter is still a huge jump in ride

I replaced my rear overloads with Deaver progressive packs.

It rides worlds smoother.