New ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT chassis from XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

We are super excited to give you guys a sneak peak at the all-new XLR Element 3.0 chassis from XLR Industries.

Our tried and true Element chassis went under the knife to implement and improve it in every way we could think of. This is truly a revolutionary chassis and we are super pumped for you guys to check it out!

Features:

Starting weight of 28 ounces complete with optional carbon butt stock and grip!!!! Can be built up to 8 lbs. + for competition use.
Starting price remains the same at $595.00 (edit to add: Magnesium/carbon option pricing available soon but will be sub $1000)
Full-length MLOK compatible handguard
Ambidextrous inlet works for both left and right-hand shooters out of the box.
Optional forend weight kit
The initial release will be available for Remington 700 SA, 700 LA, Howa 1500, Tikka T3, Savage short actions, Savage Axis, and CZ457 inlets!

More details will follow the release of this chassis in the next week or two so keep an eye on our site or social media pages for more!

Attachments

• ELE 3.0 MAG.JPG
    ELE 3.0 MAG.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 316
28oz ready to shoot (minus magazine) with an adjustable cheek piece?!?!?? This may be the answers to my prayers.

I love my T3Xs, but even with the lowest of scope mounts (Sportsmatch) I need a cheek rest for a good weld. Looked at Mesa and think I’d still need more rise. Add a Bradley and it’s starting to add weight. This might be it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: XLR
OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Curious how the LOP is adjusted with the carbon stock.
Unfortunately with the Carbon stock we had to give up some of the adjustable features we have always offered on the other stocks to help save the weight. If you want adjustable LOP, Cheek Rest, recoil pad etc... you are looking at adding weight.
We will off the carbon buttstock 3 different LOP options so it will still cover a large array of shooters.
- 12 5/8"
-13 3/4"
- 15" (with folding adapter installed)

robtattoo

WKR
I was under the impression that all Axis actions were long actions. Are you only inletting for .308 based magazine wells, or do you offer a true long action option for the Axis?

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was under the impression that all Axis actions were long actions. Are you only inletting for .308 based magazine wells, or do you offer a true long action option for the Axis?
We are only offering the short action magwel at this time.

OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Needs a small carbon hand shroud, nobody wants to hold a chunk of aluminum all day in 0 degrees.
We are working on a few options for cold weather, of course these add weight so we needed to focus on shaving as much weight as possible first, then look into add ons if wanted. We have some strips of rubber that pop into the MLOK slots that add grip and cover most of the metal allowing quite a bit of "shielding" from the cold material. But have looked into different coatings, and materials to be able to attach around the forend for handle.

Unfortunately with the Carbon stock we had to give up some of the adjustable features we have always offered on the other stocks to help save the weight. If you want adjustable LOP, Cheek Rest, recoil pad etc... you are looking at adding weight.

I'm curious about the cheek rest part - a picture you posted shows a chassis with what appears to be an adjustable cheek rest on the scale @ 28 ounces.

Items that make available chassis options less attractive for hunting purposes to me:
1. Weight - looks like this is addressed
2. Metal - nobody wants to hold metal in the cold all day when they are used to plastic/wood/carbon stocks
3. Protruding magazines can make carrying the rifle less convenient - there are some lower capacity options becoming available though
4. Mag releases that are prone to getting hit while walking through brush. Much prefer something integrated in trigger guard like on seekins or flush with stock in front of mag like tikka/Xbolt on a hunting set up.

It does look like a nice option and I commend you for continuing to look for ways to improve.

Last edited:
OP
XLR

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm curious about the cheek rest part - a picture you posted shows a chassis with what appears to be an adjustable cheek rest on the scale @ 28 ounces.
Correct you will still be able to adjust the cheek rest to acquire proper cheek wield with different scope heights. If you were running a small scope where this was not necessary the cheek rest can be taken off shaving another 6 OZ!!! That would put it at 22 OZ for chassis, buttstock, and grip.

Lawnboi

WKR
We are working on a few options for cold weather, of course these add weight so we needed to focus on shaving as much weight as possible first, then look into add ons if wanted. We have some strips of rubber that pop into the MLOK slots that add grip and cover most of the metal allowing quite a bit of "shielding" from the cold material. But have looked into different coatings, and materials to be able to attach around the forend for handle.

I’ll be keeping an eye out. Love the concept of a chassis, but as a hunter mainly I need something I don’t mind carrying all day as well, even when it’s bitter cold.

shawnb

FNG
Ambidextrous inlet sounds awesome. Been holding off on a chassis because of the little extra weight and cold weather hunting. Sounds like you guys might have something here to help that.

Cheers.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wish we still made some of your chassis parts at my work! I love working on gun parts. The 700 short action is gonna be really tempting. I love pistol grips on rifles.

For those that are whining about the cold just do what I do. Put a piece of pipe insulation on it where you hold it. It is really ghetto but it helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know what the stock Tikka T3x stock weighs? Curious as to how it compares, either way I am very intrigued.

slick

WKR
Does anyone know what the stock Tikka T3x stock weighs? Curious as to how it compares, either way I am very intrigued.

I believe it’s ~28oz..I can confirm in a minute
df80dfa6ee28727482e29cee46f6a3e3.jpg

Last edited: