New Ultralight Chassis - MDT HNT26

z987k

WKR
I just put this on my tikka 6.5cm stainless with Zeiss conquest v4 and total weight, incl magazine is just under 8lbs
Now that's reasonable. My ultra light mountain rifle is 7.5lbs with the optic, suppressor and 4 rounds in it. Under 8 on a chassis... probably be 8.7ish similarly. Not bad.

How long is your barrel and what's the OAL with the stock folded?

Now that's reasonable. My ultra light mountain rifle is 7.5lbs with the optic, suppressor and 4 rounds in it. Under 8 on a chassis... probably be 8.7ish similarly. Not bad.

How long is your barrel and what's the OAL with the stock folded?
22” barrel, 33 oal folded

Nice. Did it come with LOP spacers or did you have to buy them? How durable do you think the built-in carbon arca rail is?
Came with 4 LOP spacers. I used 2 as shown. Rail seems solid but carbon is strong till you chip it. Time will tell…

TK177

FNG
If lite weight is the goal I still think carbon stocks will win over a chassis. For a lite-ish weight and folding the chassis are king. I think the XLR takes the lead there IMO.

• Love
Reactions: XLR

z987k

WKR
If lite weight is the goal I still think carbon stocks will win over a chassis. For a lite-ish weight and folding the chassis are king. I think the XLR takes the lead there IMO.
Agreed. But originally the chassis were so heavy it was just better to deal with the traditional stock.
A 10lb gun just isn't a hunting rifle unless hunting is sitting in your truck or tree stand.

MattB

WKR
Has anyone weighed one to compare it to the listed specs?

How do guys feel about the folding stock folding to the opposite side of the rifle than that with the bolt handle? Seems like having one side of the rifle being flat is appealing.

fatbacks

WKR
Well just got mine installed on my sheep rifle. I had the proof elevation stock on there with the Hawkins Hunter DBM... ultimately the proof stock had very poor ergonomics in my opinion and I couldn't consistently shoot the rifle. Net weight gain with the MDT magazine and chassis was 4 oz. Went from shooting the rifle about 1 MOA to now shooting consistent .5 MOA groups. Love the chassis. Only thing I would change is probably being able to buy the folder component separately but it sounds like that is not an option for now.

I really liked the look of the traditional stock but the chassis sure if functional.

IMG_4461.JPG

JDMotown

FNG
To anyone with the folding stock: Is there any play? Or does it lock up tight? I am really hesitant to drop the dough on this if there is play in the stock...

Well just got mine installed on my sheep rifle. I had the proof elevation stock on there with the Hawkins Hunter DBM... ultimately the proof stock had very poor ergonomics in my opinion and I couldn't consistently shoot the rifle. Net weight gain with the MDT magazine and chassis was 4 oz. Went from shooting the rifle about 1 MOA to now shooting consistent .5 MOA groups. Love the chassis. Only thing I would change is probably being able to buy the folder component separately but it sounds like that is not an option for now.

I really liked the look of the traditional stock but the chassis sure if functional.

View attachment 429449

I've always thought that proof elevation stock had a plain awful grip design. This looks like a big improvement.

It’s a really cool hunting chassis… it’s a well thought out chassis, if it was colder here I would probably get one but in my mild weather, I like the xlr… I considered the hnt26, but the xlr won out cosmetically and their presence here also answering questions and giving general info

The MDT is a pretty slick hunting chassis for sure

Reactions: XLR

fatbacks

WKR

View attachment 429449
Follow up to this... jut carried this rifle while living out of a backpack for 13 days in the Brooks Range in Alaska. Absolutely love the chassis and it is a pleasure to carry. Only thing I would change is getting the folding version. Way easier to put in the tent and night when raining/snowing and easier to attach to pack. Weighs a bit more but worth it in my opinion.

JDMotown

FNG
A few months in with the MDT HNT26 and I absolutely love it. ZERO play in the folding mechanism. Really notice how much warmer to the touch carbon fiber is. I ended up swapping out the grip for an Ergo and that put it over the top ergonomics wise. She's a shooter!20220727_190123.jpg

Last edited: