New Ultralight Chassis - MDT HNT26

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone seen this? Seems like MDT's answer to the XLR Magnesium 3.0 at 26-31 oz with ARCA and Folding increasing weight.

MDT HNT26 Chassis System

Really love the ARCA integration without having to add additional accessories.

Would have liked a more vertical grip but it appears to be a standard AR15 grip.

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Has anyone seen this? Seems like MDT's answer to the XLR Magnesium 3.0 at 26-31 oz with ARCA and Folding increasing weight.

MDT HNT26 Chassis System

Really love the ARCA integration without having to add additional accessories.

Would have liked a more vertical grip but it appears to be a standard AR15 grip.
Interesting! I like where chassis are going.

Carbon is awesome stuff. But that is an ugly chassis:)

The ARCA is an M-LOK attachment. How is that integrated?

That magazine is cool.

OP
E

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting! I like where chassis are going.

Carbon is awesome stuff. But that is an ugly chassis:)

The ARCA is an M-LOK attachment. How is that integrated?

That magazine is cool.
It sounds like they have a non-MLOK version with an integrated RRS rail but don't have pictures yet to show that.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I asked about inletting for a medium action like the Lone Peak fuzion, but they didn't seem like they are going to. XLR did get back to me on the Magnesium 3.0 and said they got a Lone Peak medium action and it's on the list of projects. Looks like I'll be holding out for my medium action 7 SAUM build chassis for a while longer. This looks like a nice light chassis for a hunting rig though.

OP
E

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
On another forum MDT confirmed that the ARCA forend will be integrated and made out of carbon fiber.

Will be interesting to see how that works out with wear and constant mounting and unmounting of tripods/bipods.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
On another forum MDT confirmed that the ARCA forend will be integrated and made out of carbon fiber.

Will be interesting to see how that works out with wear and constant mounting and unmounting of tripods/bipods.
It will be interesting to see the long-term durability of the integrated rail. If I remember right CA didn't do it with the MPR because of that reason and they know a thing or two about carbon.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
They flipped around and said they are going to look into the medium length actions and possibly getting them inletted for this chassis

These look legit, i just ordered an xlr and I still dont regret it tho. My last chassis rifle was an MDT and it was nice but heavy as hell for hunting. Would be interested to see a side by side comparison to xlr when people get these in their hands

I like the way this new chassis system looks over the other ones they have. But man is that a short LOP to start with, my gorilla arms needs a 15" LOP, I would need 2.5" of spacers. lol

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is a pic of the one used for the pics in their add.

Gonna do one in a short barreled 6 creed, anti action, not a heavy scope or bi pod like in the pic.

Attachments

• received_173751364212025.jpeg
    received_173751364212025.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
I just put this on my tikka 6.5cm stainless with Zeiss conquest v4 and total weight, incl magazine is just under 8lbs