New underwear ideas??? - treat yo junk right!

So I usually wear under armor boxer briefs working out the 6 inch boxer jock and me undies boxer briefs for everyday.

For hunting and multiday use, the UA boxers aren’t working. Sweat, chaffing, bad juju.

So I need some new skivvies. What do you recommend? I plan to experiment a bit with my junk during hiking season and then buy a few pair of what works. So far I have tried:

- I tried the old first lite wool versions, no good
- sitka seems OK
- Patagonia capilene works OK

What else should I try?

blsch72

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, I like Russel (the Walmart brand) boxer briefs. They are a similar style to the UA boxer jock ones but I have had significantly better luck with them. Just make sure you buy the athletic ones. Plus, they are much cheaper than UA. I have had some issues with UA chafing, but I use the 9" inseam. The 6" ones chafe really bad for me. UA 9" and Russell 9" are my two main ones.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
I dont hate the duluth trading armachillos for hiking. Pretty impressed with the comfort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
If your looking for multi day use and your skin doesn’t get irritated by wool, I’ve used the black ovis merino boxers for last 2 years (hot and cold) and they’ve been great. Still sweat and what-not but no stink/funk

Sled

WKR
i got tired of merino and went back to regular hanes boxer briefs in a poly blend. 3 pack costs about $10. they don't ride up more than other brands, breath well and dry out quickly.

Gorp2007

WKR
I can't stand synthetics over an extended period of time, so I've gone almost exclusively to Smartwool 150s in the boxer briefs and the boxers. Everything from Qatar in the summer to South Dakota in the winter. They're my daily wear as well as my go to for anything outdoors that doesn't require a pair of cleats and they last a lot longer than the FL did. I've only had to bid farewell to one pair so far due to terminal crotch blowout.

Bbrinks

FNG
I usually stick to merino (Smartwool 150, Kryptek Hoplite) when backpack hunting since you can get by for a while without the smell, but for everyday use I’ve gone to almost all ex officio. For warm weather, I like the Pair of Thieves brand at target which have been great for the last year or so that I’ve used them.

Hondo

WKR
I really wanted merino boxer briefs to work for me as I wear merino socks and t-shirts most every day but durability and/or comfort were still an an issue 5 brands later.

So I usually wear under armor boxer briefs working out the 6 inch boxer jock and me undies boxer briefs for everyday.

For hunting and multiday use, the UA boxers aren’t working. Sweat, chaffing, bad juju.

So I need some new skivvies. What do you recommend? I plan to experiment a bit with my junk during hiking season and then buy a few pair of what works. So far I have tried:

- I tried the old first lite wool versions, no good
- sitka seems OK
- Patagonia capilene works OK

What else should I try?

Cool 32, Costco (if you can get in there). They’re great!

Rob5589

WKR
Exofficio mesh boxer briefs. Keeps em cool, no funk. Those and Body Glide anti-chaf and I am good to go for a week or more in the woods.

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running the Jocky boxer brief spandex for probaly 10 years, everyday year round and they are bullet proof and dry fast the best I've found, and I sweat like CRAZY. But I haven't tried alot of high end brands, and haven't worn them for more than a few days at a time.

exoficcio here as well
no complaints with them and i have a couple pairs that are going on almost a decade.

Chordeiles

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of Exofficio last week. I’ll put them to the test in a couple of weeks, chasing turkeys.

I’ve been using UA and Terramar but they don’t handle the funk too well after walking and sweating all day.