New Upgraded Zeiss Conquest V4 Riflescope Review

amassi

WKR
Correct
The old model had an exposed elevation turret that did not lock but had a zero stop.
The windage turret was capped and in the only major flaw in my humble opinion the cap was a very brittle plastic.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mt100gr.

WKR
How far does the "extended" windage turret stick out? Has anyone had issues of brass hitting the windage turret and kicking back into the ejection port? I'm looking at the V4 for a rifle that currently does this - Older Tikka T3 wearing a SWFA SS scope.

ericF

WKR
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I also believe the illuminated t30 and zbi reticle are also new. I picked up a 4-16x50 illuminated t30 from Red hawk rifles that has the updated turret pattern. I had the choice of external windage or capped windage and I got the capped windage.

How far does the "extended" windage turret stick out? Has anyone had issues of brass hitting the windage turret and kicking back into the ejection port? I'm looking at the V4 for a rifle that currently does this - Older Tikka T3 wearing a SWFA SS scope.
No sure if the V6 and V4 windage turrets are exactly the same but im sure they are.
Here are some side by side pics swfa turrets stick put 7/8" more.
There is a smith i believe out of CA that turns swfa turrets down smooth.
20201229_201314.jpg20201229_201250.jpg20201229_201125.jpg20201229_201045.jpg

JDJHNTR

FNG
After reading all this I’m assuming the demo I just ordered from Redhawk is the older model. It has the called windage in the pictures. The that. May to order another one.

Kquinn511

FNG
Sweet, this is a great write up. Just the info i was looking for to compare this to the pst gen ii

Copied this over from the Optics forum.

Put a Zeiss V4 4x16x44 scope on my XBolt 28 Nosler. After about 25 rounds scope lost zero. Emailed Zeiss service on June 1, received a service request form within an hour. Shipped it off June 2. Notification it was received June 4. Inspection complete, new scope authorized June 9. Notification scope shipped June 16. Received June 18, brand new scope.

Wow awesome service and notifications!!!!! The repair center is next to Cincinnati airport in northern KY.

Put it back on the 28 Nosler. Not sure I like the eye box, seems a bit tight. I really like the simple #20 X reticle and the glass is clear. Solid clicks on the elevation, magnification changes are tighter than I like. I plan on dialing yardage. It's a good 1/2" shorter between bells for mounting than my Burris Veracity 3x15x50. I'm using Talley mediums and I have the scope all the way back to the bell on the front ring. I need to hunt a bit to get a site pic when shouldering the rifle. I have a longer than normal LOP. Could put a rail and Seekins rings I have to set it back more but I like the height with the Talleys. Hmmmm not sure if I'm leaving this on the 28 or putting it on another rifle.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my 4-16x50 mounted, leveled and bore sighted. Hoping to get it zeroed today. Will upload some pics later!
What rings did you mount it with? Are they medium or high? Did you have any issues with the scope clearing the barrel at the front?
I’m trying to decide between the 44mm and 50mm objective. Zeiss lists the 50mm objective scope with a 56mm bell, which seems huge. Any insight on mounting would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jim Carr

Super Moderator
Staff member
What rings did you mount it with? Are they medium or high? Did you have any issues with the scope clearing the barrel at the front?
I’m trying to decide between the 44mm and 50mm objective. Zeiss lists the 50mm objective scope with a 56mm bell, which seems huge. Any insight on mounting would be appreciated.
i used both the 44 mm and the 50 mm both I like both but with the choice id go with the 50mm.

Well just played with the V4 on my Xbolt 28 Nosler. Switched from medium to low Talley rings. Eye box is okay, just needed some time to get use too. It is a bit shorter bell to bell than I like and really didn't want to use the rail and Seekins rings. Puts it a bit higher than I like and I need a cheek pad. I have it as close to the front bell as it will go. Think this will stay on the 28!!!!