New used truck

2five7

WKR
I love my '14 ecoboost, tows like a monster, nice and quiet also. I wanted a crew cab big enough to fit my family, and a 6.5 foot bed. The Ford fit the bill for me.

I went with a Ram 2500 6.4l. Grew up in the midwest on farms so I am intimately familiar with oil burners. The 6.4l hemi is derated so longevity should be okay. Did not need/want a cummins as I only tow heavy a dozen times a year. EcoBoost seems nice but longevity at hot and high altitude seemed to be sketchy. The 6.4 pulls nice until I hit 10k then she bogs a bit...35-40 mph with 8k or so. Still I am happy with the truck. She would get 17-18 mpg on the highway until I put some KO2 shoes...now it is more like 15-16. Still not great on snow but gets by.

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Have a Nissan Titan XD Diesel and love it. Comfortable ride nothing like a 2500 but enough to use for work as a GC and move material and equipment sporadically from site to site.

2015 F150 with the 5,0 l engine is working great for us. Very good mileage (22 mpg highway) and zero issues. I tow a flat deck trailer, cargo trailer, boat trailer etc without issue. Run a topper on it all the time. Very nice truck and no fears of the turbo detonating. I typically keep my trucks a long time...and expect the trucks to hold up.

Last edited:
Tundra all the way!
I’ve had several of them and racked up over 1.8 million miles on them collectively without any major issues. About 200K miles on one pulling a trailer with a Cat 236b skid steer which is well over what they say it should pull.

Ford would be my distant 2nd choice.

Nissan quality control is MIA. Got 2 at work this year. 1 hasn’t been too much trouble the other ended up being a factory buy back under the lemon laws.

slowelk

WKR
No love for RAM? I have a 2013 1500 Outdoorsman as my secondary driver/activities truck that I thoroughly enjoy. The 5.7 Hemi will be more than enough motor for anything you need. The Outdoorsman comes with skid plates and heavier duty front and rear shocks, that said I did level it and put air bags in the back because the coil-springs were not cutting it with the back end loaded down. Other nice options are fold-flat rear seats. To me it seems RAM combines the best performance and value.

I love Toyota but bought a 2019 1500 Crew Cab Ram hemi with E-Torque. Tundra drinks gas Tacoma tooo small. Toyota needs to step up. Did a trip to Colorado and got 22.6 miles per gallon to Colorado 19 something on way back. No trailer. Really wanted the Ram 2500 Cummins but couldn’t justify it. Go on all the truck forums and read the complaints.

Harveyb

FNG
Love my Ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi! Runs circles around the F150 and Silverados I had before. Way more comfortable and more fuel efficient. Trouble free at 100k miles. Best truck I ever had! Would buy again in a heartbeat.

TheCougar

WKR
I have a 2014 ram. It’s okay... my buddies have Tundras and F-150s, and I think they beat my Ram in pretty much every way except acceleration and fuel economy. If I could do it over again, I would probably buy the Tundra just because of the long term durability. Also, the Ram seats are the worst, most uncomfortable seats known to man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apollo117

WKR
I haven't had to buy a truck in 10 years, so my opinion isn't worth much. That said, I've got a 2003 Tundra with close to 200K miles. I've had to replace a wheel bearing. That's it. This truck is so reliable and dependable it's boring.

Is it a great work truck? No. Can it haul much? Definitely not. Is it average in every way? Oh yeah. Will it break down when I need it most? Highly doubt it.