New Victory TL 75 grain half outs Review.

TheViking

WKR
The Easton's titaniums. There very expensive 45 for 6 and they do not hold up well. All the pressure is on the end of the Arrow and they will crack.

Agree. They do well for a long half out, but they’re still a half out. Only way to go with a micro shaft is an outsert. Ethics, these VAP ones, Day Six, etc.

Think I'd like to give these a try. Long as I can get them to spin right, and stay straight they should be awesome.

Looking for an arrow build around 450-475. Ideally I could use 125 gr heads but may have to go 100 gr, depends how short I can cut the 350's.

TheViking

WKR
Bump.

Looking for more input on durability of the 75 grain outserts.

Going to do a build when Victory opens back up and I can get some arrows.

VAP SS 250 spine

Either the Ethics outsert - stainless steel outsert with aluminum shaft - 105 grains with a 100g broadhead.

Or

This victory 75 grain outsert and a 125 head.

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive been shooting some VAP 300 spine with these inserts. Im just getting into some testing with them and have only been shooting them into foam so far so I can't comment on durability yet.

But they installed nice, spun nice and required no sanding of the 300 shaft. So far Im liking them.

GotDraw?

WKR
Broadhead tip folded over-- thin or not well heat treated steel?
How much folded over?

I put the tl 75 grain outserts on my arrows and am very impressed. Good solid fit. Very well made. They fly very well and are tough. Had a head up a$$ moment missed the target hit my pipe fence behind target, broke the arrow but the outsert and broadhead were still intact and square on the arrow. With the exception of the tip of broadhead folded over lol.

OP
BK Ammenwerth

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
Castle rocker. I’ve been shooting them for over a year now. I’ve killed a few critters and shot the hell out of them minus winter and covid spring. They are all spinning true except 1 which went through a turkey and right into a fence post. No arrow damage I was able to heat it up the AAE max impact and whip it off with a weight drop in the shaft. Installed new one and g2g. While there seams to be no perfect micro setup I really like them. Frankly if I only destroy an arrow or two a year that’s winning. I’d do that with any setup. Wether it’s forgetting to dial back my sight tape or bad luck.

Livewire

FNG
Castle rocker. I’ve been shooting them for over a year now. I’ve killed a few critters and shot the hell out of them minus winter and covid spring. They are all spinning true except 1 which went through a turkey and right into a fence post. No arrow damage I was able to heat it up the AAE max impact and whip it off with a weight drop in the shaft. Installed new one and g2g. While there seams to be no perfect micro setup I really like them. Frankly if I only destroy an arrow or two a year that’s winning. I’d do that with any setup. Wether it’s forgetting to dial back my sight tape or bad luck.
Thank you BK for all of your comments and reviews on this thread. I am being sent 22 -Easton Injexions .167 and 7 victory Vaps .166 due to another shooter offloading. I was originally going with the Easton HIT inserts for all of them, but hated being limited to deep six components and broadheads. The rabbit hole took me to victory Shok broadhead adaptors TL SS/AL 2-piece 75 grain (I don’t see a 1 piece being sold). It seems that I can use this system for both arrows and will be able to choose any broadhead (rage hypodermics) that I want or field tips. With your expertise does this sound correct? Any other newer systems that I should consider at this time? These are the axis deer I am after!

Attachments

• 128D6D00-ED03-460B-8150-B69AF5ED36AA.jpeg
    128D6D00-ED03-460B-8150-B69AF5ED36AA.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 22
So has anyone done any comparisons between the shok tl in say the 75 grain version vs the day six concentric ti/aluminum system. I've been kicking around trying micros again and these seem to be the best two options. These will be installed most likely on easton pro comp 250's or 4mm axis 250's both .245" and .244" outside arrow diameter. Be curious to see what the most durable/easiest to install system would be. Really leaning towards the day6 components, would prefer the ti/ti option but don't really want any more than 75 grains up front. So would I be better off with a ti insert and aluminum collar or the other way around. This build must be strong and durable as it will be for elk only and ran through a 83# traverse at 30". Probably should just build an axis 260 with iron will components and be done with it. Any input would be great.

I’ve been using the 50g half outs and have had good success. They will slightly bend when hitting concrete but I’ve also ran them into a few hogs and had no issues. Overall, I’m very satisfied.

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
Are those a two part system, insert and collar? Also, what didn’t you like about the Ethics system for micros?
Thanks for the review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have to be a two piece system. the post is stainless and the collar / outsert is aluminum. You cannot make a one piece system out of two different metals.

born2kill

FNG
2 years shooting the 50gr Shok TL. Have been great and have held up well. Even had a few pass through target and hit wood with no damage.

So has anyone done any comparisons between the shok tl in say the 75 grain version vs the day six concentric ti/aluminum system. I've been kicking around trying micros again and these seem to be the best two options. These will be installed most likely on easton pro comp 250's or 4mm axis 250's both .245" and .244" outside arrow diameter. Be curious to see what the most durable/easiest to install system would be. Really leaning towards the day6 components, would prefer the ti/ti option but don't really want any more than 75 grains up front. So would I be better off with a ti insert and aluminum collar or the other way around. This build must be strong and durable as it will be for elk only and ran through a 83# traverse at 30". Probably should just build an axis 260 with iron will components and be done with it. Any input would be great.
Which of these did you end up trying out and how did they perform for you? going back and forth between a 4mm and 5mm axis. Would love to hear your feedback.

The Victorys are 1 piece and that’s what I like about them. Ethics are a good design and tough, however after following ethics advice on how to install it was really a PITA. Im also not crazy about the 2 piece construction. I want to keep it stupid simple if possible. All the sanding and boring out of the shaft to prep it. I’m not opposed to doing whatever it takes but there’s just too many variables sanding like that with a block and tightening your cordless drill around your arrow shaft....no thanks. It’s a fine system but could use some tweaking imo. I know they said they are designed like that but I’m not a fan. They also suggested goat tuff glue (which I would never use again) because it doesn’t have a long enough working time to get an arrow to spin perfectly especially if your OCD about arrows like I am and you need to make an adjustment. Too late it’s already set with a wobble. My first one went great, spun true......second was a total dud. That was the last Goat Tuff any outsert has ever seen. I’m a AAE Max Imoact or 30:06 outdoors insert weld guy because it give you some working time. But sometime us archery nuts are splitting really fine hairs. Naturally we want the best but honestly only the best shooters in the world could maybe shoot well enough to notice the difference we obsess over. Bottom line I enjoy shooting but what I really care about is taking an animal as swiftly as possible.
Amazing review. I usually cut my arrows at 27.5 ctc. Due to the added 1” length did you notice you have to cut shorter or any different to accommodate? Just wondering how / if they change flight or spine stiffness.

2 years shooting the 50gr Shok TL. Have been great and have held up well. Even had a few pass through target and hit wood with no damage.

Look into build this set up. Did you notice you have to cut the arrow any differently in length to get them to spine/fly properly to account for the TL insert?

born2kill

FNG
Yes. There is an overlap compared to the stock shok. I believe it was about 3/8in. I prefer a shorter arrow so I cut mine so the insert is about 1.5in in front of rest. That still leaves a good amount out front. I dry fitted them, measured and cut. Vaps are too expensive to make a cutting mistake.

born2kill

FNG
Look into build this set up. Did you notice you have to cut the arrow any differently in length to get them to spine/fly properly to account for the TL insert?

In reference to flying different…no they fly great and tuned easy.