New Videos

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hope all of you are having an awesome summer and have been able to get out and get some! Just wanted to drop in and let you folks know that we have uploaded a number of short product videos on our site that could possibly answer any questions that some of you may have about our gear. We should finish putting them up by the end of the weekend.

Also, we have been working on some general tip videos as well, mostly geared toward newer and less experienced riders/horse folks. Any of you newer horse folks floating around on here feel free to shoot some ideas our way if you would like. Don't be bashful, everyone started somewhere, even the folks that pretend they didn't. Hope you all are crushing some miles this summer and staying safe out there!

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
Just looked at your website and blogs, nice information and gear designs. I’ve only had three horses and me and my daughter share a 12 year grade app/quarter cross. We have a long ways to go to be confident in the backcountry.

OP
MesaHorseCo.

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just looked at your website and blogs, nice information and gear designs. I’ve only had three horses and me and my daughter share a 12 year grade app/quarter cross. We have a long ways to go to be confident in the backcountry.

That is great that you have the kiddo riding! My dad rode appaloosas for a long time, he always liked them pretty good. Just keep chipping away at new things with your horse and before you know it, you will both have a lot of confidence in a variety of situations. Robbie also has a handful of videos on here if you haven't checked them out. I think they are labeled somewhere on the site as "Got Harses?". You could probably just search it if your interested. Out of curiosity, are you looking to add to your herd or planning on sticking with the one you've got?

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
We looked for broke horses for about 3 years and only a couple interested me, but they didn’t work out, due too time/availability. Horses in western Montana seem really over priced, and majority of people don’t sell a good broke horse, it must have issues. It would be like selling a finished hunting hound, it just doesn’t happen or the price reflects the time/value of the animal. So we have purchased two foals app/quarter crosses from a rancher friend in SE Montana and will be getting them in October. I know a good trainer in Columbia Falls that can help us when we hit a road blocks/problems. It will be 3 or 4 years but hopefully we will have a couple good horses. Their mares are super gentle and these guys are halter broke and load into trailers. We are just going to spend time exposing them to new things and desensitizing for the first year. I’m all ears on training and have a couple methods we want to try.

Attachments

• 45C29BA8-CC3E-45F2-8EC6-B3C6023C6C67.jpeg
    45C29BA8-CC3E-45F2-8EC6-B3C6023C6C67.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 5
  • A8A6FE6D-FED9-4666-9442-B8C0B6B6D2ED.jpeg
    A8A6FE6D-FED9-4666-9442-B8C0B6B6D2ED.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 5