gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for checking out our gear! We are super excited and proud of the Fury HD 5000 AB. If you or anyone else has any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

JGRaider

WKR
Glad to see the great updates.......an optical tweak (better optics) would have been nice as well.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got home from work this morning to find a Vortex package on my doorstep. Inside, was a pair of the new Fury 5000s with AB. Im pumped to review these and I made an unboxing video for you guys to check out. It will be up soon.

Comment below with any questions

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
66ab7576e55f605f13e507e3d9e081ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGRaider

WKR
I got home from work this morning to find a Vortex package on my doorstep. Inside, was a pair of the new Fury 5000s with AB. Im pumped to review these and I made an unboxing video for you guys to check out. It will be up soon.

Travis, anxious to read your comments. Can you verify that this unit does give both holdover AND horizontal correction readouts please? I'm assuming it does, just wanting verification. Thanks.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

Excited to hear your thoughts on them!

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Travis, anxious to read your comments. Can you verify that this unit does give both holdover AND horizontal correction readouts please? I'm assuming it does, just wanting verification. Thanks.
Correct - it will give you ballistic solutions for holding over or dialing in adjustments. It will also pair with a kestrel device which will give you wind holds. Click here to watch a video on using environmental data for wind holds with the new Fury HD 5000 AB.

JGRaider

WKR
Correct - it will give you ballistic solutions for holding over or dialing in adjustments. It will also pair with a kestrel device which will give you wind holds. Click here to watch a video on using environmental data for wind holds with the new Fury HD 5000 AB.
Thank you. Also, will it range and give holdovers, etc past 800 yds? The Sig BDX will not unless you upgrade it somehow.

mrgreen

WKR
Damn! I'm glad I exclusively bowhunt. Only thing that keeps me from upgrading from my 1st gen Fury's (that I'm still very happy with).
very interested to see the reviews.

slim9300

WKR
I’m curious how they compare to an alpha glass with regard to optics? Are these Gen 1 Razor quality optics or not quite? I currently have a pair of Swaro EL HD’s and a Kilo 2400 ABS (plus my Kestrel Elite 5700). It would be nice to bring the two optics together in one package. Especially considering how much easier it is to get an accurate wind hold than my Kilo.

Rich307

FNG
I’m curious how they compare to an alpha glass with regard to optics? Are these Gen 1 Razor quality optics or not quite? I currently have a pair of Swaro EL HD’s and a Kilo 2400 ABS (plus my Kestrel Elite 5700). It would be nice to bring the two optics together in one package. Especially considering how much easier it is to get an accurate wind hold than my Kilo.

Vortex did a live yesterday and basically said the glass was equivalent to the Viper HD. 2 draw backs for me right now are that it isn't very good glass and that it isn't offered in a 12x50. I may hold out a bit longer with the good ol 2400ABS...

slim9300

WKR
Vortex did a live yesterday and basically said the glass was equivalent to the Viper HD. 2 draw backs for me right now are that it isn't very good glass and that it isn't offered in a 12x50. I may hold out a bit longer with the good ol 2400ABS...

That’s exactly what I figured. I really want an 8-8.5x42 option and the best glass Vortex can muster. Razor UHD type would be ideal. I know that high end glass seems to struggle when they add range-finding capability, but a guy can hope. I love my Kilo 2400 but a set of binos with even more wind capability is intriguing. Nothing more challenging with long range hunting than quickly getting a proper wind hold.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
So how far out will this go e corrections? I can not find it listed anywhere.
These will give corrections out to as far as you can range. It can range reflective targets out to 5,000 yards, so if you get a distance at that range it will provide you with your ballistic solution.