OutdoorAg

WKR
Wondering if anyone has put these through some testing and their thoughts? And curious how fast the display is to report?

If I had to guess, here is what's will come of these bins:

1) Some will say the glass still isn't good enough for hunters who are picky about their optics. That will be true, as it appears no changes were made from the previous Fury. Most of us who have been "in the game" long enough know that there just isn't going to be anyone (at least right now) who can match what the Big 3 do in terms of glass quality, especially when add tech to the mix.

2) Some will say the RF is crap in cold weather. This has been hashed and re-hashed. There are a select few high end RF's that will do their job in the nasty cold. All the others, including this bin, will struggle under certain temps.

3) Most will be happy about the price. Street price will probably be under $1500. Its a lot of tech for the money, and considering you can buy a Leica stand alone RF for over $1000, I would tend to agree. This is bang for the buck.

4) All will agree that Vortex has the CS piece figured out. Something that Sig, the main competitor in this market, still hasn't proven over time.

5) It will be a hit with the shooting crowd, mixed reviews from the hunters, and then some - like myself - will want to see what comes next. This whole bino-RF-tech combo is still very, very new. I'm surprised that Swaro went in-house with the ballistics on their new RF bin, and that tells me they think they have enough fan boys that they can get away with it. They are probably right. Which leaves Zeiss and Leica to decide who's going to be the Alpha RF Shooter-Hunter Solver Bin to the Vortex "blue collar" RF bin. If a $1500 bin can even be blue collar.

Just my take.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member

Heres a short video of the processing time of the Furys. So far, Ive been really impressed with the electronics aspect of the binoculars.

Optics wise, That is where they can use some work. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy that runs Swaro's that are twice the cost without electronics!

Where these will shine will be during my first NRL hunter match in a few weeks. one less item to carry and not finding a target, finding it again with range finder, figuring out DOPE. It will be finding the target, hitting the button, and done. Stay tuned for that one!

So far, These are binoculars I would recommend to the beginner or inexperienced western hunter who does not have a rangefinder, or binoculars.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Heres a short video of the processing time of the Furys. So far, Ive been really impressed with the electronics aspect of the binoculars.

Optics wise, That is where they can use some work. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy that runs Swaro's that are twice the cost without electronics!

Where these will shine will be during my first NRL hunter match in a few weeks. one less item to carry and not finding a target, finding it again with range finder, figuring out DOPE. It will be finding the target, hitting the button, and done. Stay tuned for that one!

So far, These are binoculars I would recommend to the beginner or inexperienced western hunter who does not have a rangefinder, or binoculars.
I have not used an RF with a ballistics solution (well I have the new TAs but haven't used that part yet) so is that a fast processing time in your video?

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have not used an RF with a ballistics solution (well I have the new TAs but haven't used that part yet) so is that a fast processing time in your video?
I am not sure as well. This is my only experience with a RF/ ballistics solution as well. I will tell you it is faster than ranging something, and inputting that information into a calculator though.

So I actually ended up getting a pair of these after my post. So first impressions are glass is comparable if not the same as my viper HD’s. Speed for report is very fast and am matches the dope from my previous ballistic calculator. Overall I am happy with them, some of the extra buttons for the features are going to take some getting used to as there are 5 buttons which could get clunky with glassing mitts.

bradb

WKR
I have had the gun works, have the Sig 2400 with Ab, and have the Fury AB. I would say speed returning solutions is pretty similar with each

crosey5

FNG
I have had the gun works, have the Sig 2400 with Ab, and have the Fury AB. I would say speed returning solutions is pretty similar with each
I’m in the process of setting up a long range rifle. Of course with that comes getting some sort of ballistic calculating optics. I’m leaning towards trying the Fury AB. But I’m curious your thoughts on those vs the Sig 2400 (or any comparable ballistic rangefinder).

do you prefer the binocular set up or the monocular?

bradb

WKR
I really think its a personal thing. The Fury has a much stronger laser and of course there dual purpose. For a guide or if I am out helping friends and for range use the Fury will be with me for sure. But, I still am a small range finder on my side person. I just think its easier to pull a small rf up for a quick yardage check if needed. There are several threads on RS where people give there thoughts and preferences on which they like.

slim9300

WKR
I’m in the process of setting up a long range rifle. Of course with that comes getting some sort of ballistic calculating optics. I’m leaning towards trying the Fury AB. But I’m curious your thoughts on those vs the Sig 2400 (or any comparable ballistic rangefinder).

do you prefer the binocular set up or the monocular?

Do you only rifle hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim9300

WKR
I hunt archery and rifle. About a 50-50 split.

Range finding binos are less than ideal for me while bow hunting due to one-handed operation being a hinderance. Plus, a bino that has no range finding capability also has better optics (but this was less of a concern). This is why I went with the Sig Kilo 2400 ABS a few years back over the Leica/Swaro RF binos. I spend about 60% of my time bow hunting and 40% rifle. Plus I shoot long range about once per month. I also run the 8.5x42 EL SV binos, and my Kestrel Elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7wssm

FNG
Nice unit should sell well. Only knock on the fury 5k was it didn’t have the onboard ballictics and here it is.

elijah

FNG
H
Have used several 5000 AB’s pretty heavily over the last month. If not Leica/Swaro/Zeiss, the Furry 5000 AB’s are the clear choice.
ave you had a chance to compare them to the Sig 3000? I have a few friends trying to decide between the 2