Staff member
Looks like some new long range options coming out from Vortex:

3-18X50 and 4.5-27X56 tactical scopes.

All the bells and whistles included.

I hope to check them out at SHOT.

Whisky

WKR
Nice!!

Got a copy of a spec sheet by chance, or weights on the 3-18?

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Its heavy as you would expect. 34mm tube. 46.5 ounces. Pretty short at 14.4 inches. 3.7 inches constant eye relief. Only FFP from what I gather. available in MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA versions. 10 MILs/ 25 MOA per turn.

Whisky

WKR
Holy crap!! 46 oz? I was thinking (hoping) it'd maybe be a full pound lighter then that. Their 5-20s are 35ish ??

Be a nice scope no doubt.

Thanks!!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
So there going from a 35mm to a 34mm tube? That is a bit on the heavy side!!

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
34mm makes sense since there are so many more 34mm mounting options.

It is a heavy scope, for sure. I don't think you'll see one on a ramblin' rifle.

spdrman

WKR
Heres the specs they emailed me ...

Both have the new turret design that’s quite a bit smaller. They both still have a zero stop, and these new razors will both have locking turrets. The new turrets are called our L-Tec design

Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56
- 34mm tube
- Length 14.4”
- Weight 48.5oz
- 25 MOA per revolution
- 114 MOA elevation, 45 MOA windage
- Parallax 32yds to Infinity

Razor Gen II 3-18x50
- 34mm tube
- Length 14.4”
- Weight 46.5oz
- 25 MOA per revolution
- 117 MOA elevation, 45MOA windage
- Parallax 25yds to Infinity

littlebuf

Banned
i guess they dont have the same philosophy on there rifle scopes as they do there binos and spotters. that price range is defiantly the upper end.

i guess they dont have the same philosophy on there rifle scopes as they do there binos and spotters. that price range is defiantly the upper end.

Not when their alpha grade glass. They are trying to compete against Premier, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, Nightforce, US Optics... Etc these are tactical long range scopes that's why they're this heavy and prices actually far below the above named brands. Their Viper line is more geared towards hunting.

It's just too bad they can't produce a scope with the razor glass that's the weight of their PST line.

Mike

Chad44

Lil-Rokslider
Not when their alpha grade glass. They are trying to compete against Premier, Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, Nightforce, US Optics... Etc these are tactical long range scopes that's why they're this heavy and prices actually far below the above named brands. Their Viper line is more geared towards hunting.

It's just too bad they can't produce a scope with the razor glass that's the weight of their PST line.

Mike
No joke! That's really heavy.