New Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 x 56 - Anyone have hands on one?

Shane431

FNG
No you are right, I could go with some lower rings. If the barrel wasn't so tapered it wouldn't look as high. With the adjustable cheek piece it works and is comfortable, I don't subscribe to the idea that scopes have to be as close to the boreline as possible either.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

completely understand. But if you buy new rings you have an excuse to buy another gun for your high rings! Just saying, you’d have a valid excuse to buy another gun!

Shane431

FNG
I haven't done a full tracking test but on my 22 it's works great out to 200 yards and back. Which is 6.1 mil.

ChrisAU

WKR
I put one on a budget 6.5 CM fun target gun build and its performed fantastically, only taken it to 400 so far. But I've gone from 100 yard zero to 400 and ranges between multiple times with perfect RTZ.

871B40F3-ACE1-401B-9161-141D530941AB.jpeg

ericwh

WKR
I put one on a budget 6.5 CM fun target gun build and its performed fantastically, only taken it to 400 so far. But I've gone from 100 yard zero to 400 and ranges between multiple times with perfect RTZ.

Sounds like tracking might be good to go, and I recently felt some turrets that I was pretty impressed with. Could you compare the optics part of it it to other similar options that are <$1k?

ChrisAU

WKR
Sounds like tracking might be good to go, and I recently felt some turrets that I was pretty impressed with. Could you compare the optics part of it it to other similar options that are <$1k?

I really haven't spent much time behind it in low light, and probably won't. I may use it for predator hunting at some point and I expect it to be fully sufficient for that. I got it new for under $600 so expectations weren't sky high, but so far I absolutely love it for the price. The glass is better than a Diamondback Tactical I had for sure, here's a good comp on those I found when I was researching them:

My primary hunting rifle has a Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 on it and I have shot them both in the same range session at the same 400 yard target and there weren't any differences between the 2 that made me scrutinize the glass quality of the SE, but this was in full light.