New Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25 x 56 - Anyone have hands on one?

Youngbuck86

Lil-Rokslider
I got one recently. I liked it more than I thought I would, especially for the price. I haven't mounted it yet, but am putting in on a 300rum to see what it can do.

Smid

WKR
A semi-local shop recommended it to me and I just bought one last night. The owner had it on his PRS rig and highly complemented it. He won’t stock what he can’t review and verify so that did it for me

RyanC

WKR
Maybe I'm old school or just a bit naive about rifle shooting, but man that is a busy reticle!! I can see it being valuable in competitive shooting but for hunting......not for me. I wish Vortex offered more reticle options with each of their scopes, but maybe they have no intention of people hunting with this scope? Again, I am naive about competitive rifle shooting as I strictly hunt with my rifles.

Smid

WKR
Maybe I'm old school or just a bit naive about rifle shooting, but man that is a busy reticle!! I can see it being valuable in competitive shooting but for hunting......not for me. I wish Vortex offered more reticle options with each of their scopes, but maybe they have no intention of people hunting with this scope? Again, I am naive about competitive rifle shooting as I strictly hunt with my rifles.

They’re marketing it as a long tactical based long range scope. The reticle is busy but it’s not as bad as you would think looking through it

Smid

WKR
Initial impressions are pretty impressive. I didn’t know when I ordered, but the turrets push down and lock when you aren’t dialing and that’s pretty nice 31456FEC-DD07-4F3D-A201-04F57331C628.jpeg

200 yards on 25 power down my street. Hard to get a decent picture but I’m pretty happy with the glass. I’ve only had budget scopes ($ sub $300) until now so take that with a grain of salt

Rob5589

WKR
Initial impressions are pretty impressive. I didn’t know when I ordered, but the turrets push down and lock when you aren’t dialing and that’s pretty nice View attachment 181778

200 yards on 25 power down my street. Hard to get a decent picture but I’m pretty happy with the glass. I’ve only had budget scopes ($ sub $300) until now so take that with a grain of salt
The ca is very noticeable.

wildcat33

WKR
At one time I had a 1-6 strike Eagle and it was awful. Hard to imagine they get better going to 5-25.

be cautious of vortex “reviews”. Hard to find an unbiased author these days.

Rob5589

WKR
Doesn’t seem to be an issue in any of the other reviews I’ve read. It’s also a crappy quality picture with a shaky iPhone
I am no optics expert but, I don't think your phone is causing all that purple fringing in the pic.

Smid

WKR
I am no optics expert but, I don't think your phone is causing all that purple fringing in the pic.

It’s definitely the phone. If it’s canted slightly from the scope it’s showing up, but I can’t see it looking directly through the scope. It’s not as noticeable here, but again it’s a pain in the ass getting a clear sight picture with a phone.

FWIW I’m not trying to sell anyone on it, I just personally like it. For the price I got it for, I don’t think there’s a whole lot of nicer options with the same features. It’s a definite step up from diamond back tactical, better features than the PST with glass quality in between the two. And it was <$500 (For me). It’s not related to the strike Eagle 1-4, vortex just stuck with the name. I’ll be taking it to a 1000 yard range whenever their allowed to start doing classes againC5E34C2F-223D-4487-AA4C-9E3D928CF6C0.png

I couldn't agree with you anymore on that. I use a bdc scope, but would love to try a dial up scope. But not one that busy.

Floorguy

WKR
Please give us your insight after playing with it
First impressions are that it is really nice. I don't have a lot to compare it toother than some leupy vxii and iii's. Glass is clear audible and tactile clicks when dialing. Here it is on my 6.5 Tikka (formerly) superlight. The Tikka is in an Oryx (by MDT) chassis and has an MDT 20 moa rail and UTG accu-sync 34mm mount. I am going to do a write-up on the chassis in the not to distant future. I am going to use this gun for a 600yd f-class prone match and see how it all works out for me.
bf0f01f3ae37d988c94d26b0d72d5d1b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Shane431

FNG
First impressions are that it is really nice. I don't have a lot to compare it toother than some leupy vxii and iii's. Glass is clear audible and tactile clicks when dialing. Here it is on my 6.5 Tikka (formerly) superlight. The Tikka is in an Oryx (by MDT) chassis and has an MDT 20 moa rail and UTG accu-sync 34mm mount. I am going to do a write-up on the chassis in the not to distant future. I am going to use this gun for a 600yd f-class prone match and see how it all works out for me.
bf0f01f3ae37d988c94d26b0d72d5d1b.jpg

Seems like you could go with some lower rings. I think that mount is meant more for an AR platform. But hey if it works please ignore me and carry on!

Floorguy

WKR
Seems like you could go with some lower rings. I think that mount is meant more for an AR platform. But hey if it works please ignore me and carry on!
No you are right, I could go with some lower rings. If the barrel wasn't so tapered it wouldn't look as high. With the adjustable cheek piece it works and is comfortable, I don't subscribe to the idea that scopes have to be as close to the boreline as possible either.