New ways to break your Hoyt...

Brendan

WKR
This is a new one. Now I get to wait until Tuesday to find out if they can mail my dealer the part, or if the bow needs to get sent back to Hoyt. If it needs to get sent back, I probably need to buy a new backup bow so I know I'll have two ready for Sept.

d4fd5607a83a9ff34093995d9e60efea.jpg
211ee60e28318fa9d644b02b2c081cbd.jpg

Rob5589

WKR
Bummer. Is that a carbon riser? Looks like the mount is at least partially epoxied.

OP
Brendan

Brendan

WKR
Bummer. Is that a carbon riser? Looks like the mount is at least partially epoxied.
RX4, carbon riser. The F/R stabilizer and string stop mount is a piece of cast aluminum held on to the riser by two torx screws and glue, and then the bow is painted.

Fortunately, not a scratch on the riser or cams, just that mount.

Rob5589

WKR
Just a wild assumption but, I'd bet they make you send it back in that case.

OP
Brendan

Brendan

WKR
I'm betting the same, which sucks. Simple aluminum part I could replace myself in minutes.

I leave for Colorado 8 weeks from today, so not comfortable at all I'd have it back in time and able to get it set up and tuned again.

Well, they shoot better no string stop, I don't know how well you can shoot no bars tho.

Good luck.

I reckon they don't drive over them anymore to test them.

OP
Brendan

Brendan

WKR
I could probably get the front bar back on and have it hold fine. Not sure I'm a fan of tempting the fates and having something break when I need it.

Easier to pick up something like a used Centergy Hybrid that I know I can have tuned in a day, and sell extra bows after the season.

Old thread, same break. Happened to me today while pig hunting on Maui. Took a spill on my back bar chasing a hog. RX-3 Ultra. JB weld to the rescue until I can get a replacement. Will 100% refuse to send it back to Hoyt. I just want to buy the part and install myself :)

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread, same break. Happened to me today while pig hunting on Maui. Took a spill on my back bar chasing a hog. RX-3 Ultra. JB weld to the rescue until I can get a replacement. Will 100% refuse to send it back to Hoyt. I just want to buy the part and install myself :)
What's the issue sending back? Just time lost with no bow? Or are there known problems sending bows to Hoyt for warranty work? I'm considering a new Hoyt.

I just don't let anyone work on my bow. Too many poor experiences with "reputable" shops and techs. Also, I don't want to pay for shipping. Replacing that part is a five minute job.

OP
Brendan

Brendan

WKR
Old thread here, but I'll relay my experience. Hoyt required the bow to be sent back. They would NOT provide the part or sell separately to the dealer, period. No negotiation.

I ended up buying another bow while that was in transit, then selling extras after the season.

I'm in the camp as always have a backup ready to go, especially with a big hunt happening.