New Zealand

I picked up a second job on the side to fund my African trip and should be able to go next summer 2022 hopefully. After that if I keep this second job my wife and I have talked about doing family vacation to New Zealand with the kids before they are off to college.
We would like to find a house on the beach or water to rent for a month during the summer. This would give us family time and also me and some of the kids to get some fishing and hunting in.
Has anyone done a similar trip and time length. My wife just wants a relaxing place to enjoy the beach but I need to build in some adventure for me. How safe is New Zealand? How expensive is it to rent out a 3-4 bedroom home for a month.
Again this is in the beginning stages and I am just trying to get a rough ball park of how much part time work will be needed to make this a possibility. We have also thought about maybe Spain or somewhere is South American but New Zealand seems like the best place for everything we are looking for
Thanks in advance

WCB

WKR
Wife (girlfriend at the time) and I went hunting there 4 years ago. Had an absolute blast. Remember Our summer is their winter so beach sitting might not be beach sitting like your wife desires.

Had relatives visit a couple years ago for a month but they just rented a travel van and traveled around... I would say it is one if not the safest places to be. I am sure there are places to stay away from in the city and we were warned about some local places that our hunting guide said to avoid.

OP
M
Thanks for the help. Our trip would be Africa 2022. So I am guessing 2024/25. Have to get enough work to save some money. Just trying to get a ball park figure of how much I would need to save and start looking into things to do.

Hopefully Africa is open which I am sure it would be by next summer. Should have about $15,000 saved by next year. Thinking that should get my son and I a pretty good trip. He will be 15 and has been saving his money to pay for some cull hunts. I am going to cover the air and trip cost. He has to cover most of his animals.