New Zeiss 8x42 RF Display Help

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Roksliders

I'm red/green colorblind so displays with that range of colors can be very hard for me to see outside of twilight hours. One reason I never adopted the early Leica's, just couldn't see the display with any noise at all in the view.

This is why I've stuck with my ELs for 7 seasons--I can see the bold readout in all lighting conditions, at max brightness of course.

I bought the Zeiss 8x42 and sure enough, having a very hard time seeing that fine circle. Grrrrrr.

I set the Zeiss to max brightness, and still can't see the display very well. If I raise it to the blue sky, I can see it, but with any terrain noise in the view, hard to see.

99.9% sure there's no defect in the bino, but wondering if anyone else finds the display hard to read? I read the instructions and pretty sure I have them set to max, but the instructions not completely clear either.

Thanks

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I don't have trouble seeing the readout but. But on this past hunt, some of the people I was hunting with said they did.

handwerk

WKR
do you guys end up using your index finger(s) to push the range/function button or pinky? seem like that could be kinda a PIA especially in a hurry?