New zeiss conquest HD

Lawnboi

WKR
From reading around on birding forums these binos are looking to be pretty good. I was already dead set on a pair of conquests for this year, but now its looking even better!

Anybody handle these yet?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am curious about them also. The original Conquests were kind of lackluster, IMO, but fourite glass should help aberration control significantly.

Not surprisingly, Meopta is also releasing HD bins this year.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
From what i am seeing on birding forums on the new HDs is that they are near equal to the older FLs. I may be a guinne pig and pick these up. Im contemplating between these in 10X42, or mayble some swarovski cl in 8x30

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Skip the CLs, Lawnboi.

You might want to check out the Meopta Meostar line. The standard version is very Swaro SLC like. The HD version is already available from Cabelas (as the Cabelas Euro HD). That is some good glass.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
The cabelas euro hd was another option i was looking at as well. I will most likly go with the new conquests, but just measuing all my options. Looking for glass in the 1000-1200 range, i would like to get alpha glass if at all possible.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Conquest HD is as good as the Meopta Meostar and Euro HD, but lighter weight.

Zeiss has also adapted a "no fault" warranty on the HD's.

I've used these on a few occasions and would recommend them above anything in that price range.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
aron,

You got some advanced time with them? I'm jealous. They sound pretty good.

Lawnboi,

Maybe we should talk. I have a pair of the latest iteration Swaro 10X42 SLC neus (swaroclean, swarodur, the works). they are a fine binocular in perfect shape. Maybe we could work out something around your price range. That way I could start towards my new dream bin : The SLC HD (that is some WOW glass too). Send me a PM.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Sent you a pm bb.

Im a big fan of zeiss glass, have been since i got my first zeiss scope when i was a kid. Regardless im sure any of these options is going to beat the pants off what i used last year!