Newb from Virginia

TheMiz54

FNG
Hey everyone wanted to introduce myself. I live in Northern Virginia. I hunt mostly whitetails but looking to get into western big game. I am planning my first out of state hunt in Ohio middle of October. Looking forward to learning from everyone on the site.

mproberts

WKR
Welcome! Lot of info on here, almost too much at times. I'd recommend reading a ton before start asking questions because most of the answers are already out there. Good luck on your Ohio hunt. Assume being in NOVA you take advantage of the county parks program for deer management?

OP
TheMiz54

TheMiz54

FNG
Welcome! Lot of info on here, almost too much at times. I'd recommend reading a ton before start asking questions because most of the answers are already out there. Good luck on your Ohio hunt. Assume being in NOVA you take advantage of the county parks program for deer management?
I did a few years ago but not this year as I was busy with work earlier in the year and didn't qualify. I will be hunting Ft. Belvoir and thinking about Thompson WMA as well.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

I did a few years ago but not this year as I was busy with work earlier in the year and didn't qualify. I will be hunting Ft. Belvoir and thinking about Thompson WMA as well.
Out of curiosity how bad is the setup/paperwork for something like that? I work out of Belvior but always assumed it would be a massive headache like trying to use the range down at Quantico.

jfmac87

FNG
Out of curiosity how bad is the setup/paperwork for something like that? I work out of Belvior but always assumed it would be a massive headache like trying to use the range down at Quantico.
It's real easy to get signed up for the qualification. But after that it's not very intuitive, it's also hard to nail down where each spot is. They're not marked/labeled to easily find on Google maps or anything. But there is supposed to be a sponsor for you to help you navigate it. I had a buddy that did it and had a great time and that after you got a sponsor it was super easy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk