Newb from WA

Hello all!

I've been a longtime lurker on here (thanks for the past advice I've poached from other's posts). Also an occasional poster on similar forums under the same name.

I finally made the plunge and got an account. Hopefully I can help others and talk story about hunting and gear.

I'm a Westsider in WA and mostly hunt the coast for Blacktail, Roosevelt Elk and bear. I'm an adult onset hunter with not too many tags punched for my efforts (full time dad and employee...), but I love getting out there. I feel like it's just been the past few seasons that I've started to know the meaning of "hunting hard." I like to hunt backcountry style whether out of my truck or on a backpack trip.

I hope all are well! Take care and thanks for having me!

68Plexi

WKR
Welcome. Long time lurker her too, and just joined myself. There are some really good people on here and a lot of input worth learning from. Figured it was time to start participating.

Those blacktail are sneaky creatures. I live on the crest of the Sierras where the west slope houses blacktail and the east slope muleys. Summer they can be found in the same areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for you for getting out there. As a dad, retired teacher, and grandfather, I say that spending time in the backcountry with your kids is one of the most important legacies you can leave - more important by far than filling tags.