Newb stuck in So Cal

Yet another new guy here to stay. Born and bred at the base of the Eastern Sierra's in Bishop, CA now stuck in a burb of LA in Glendora, CA. Not a bad city to live in if you like cities but i dont so everyday i dream of open country. My family spends most of our time in the local mountains and on roadtrips to camp, hunt, and fish everywhere we get an opportunity. Im a backpack go deep kind of hunter/fisherman. My Son and Daughter are 10 this year and pretty good hikers so its time to make this a family afair. Im also Blessed to have a Wife who shares many of the same interests as I do so life is good thusfar. Anyway i rambled enough. Glad to be here.

OP
B
A friend of mine just got a bear on opening day of archery less than 2 miles from my house. I have some bear breakfast sausage in the freezer as we speak. Pretty sure it is the same bear that was breaking into my in laws house. Since August 15th he has yet to have any bear trouble.

OP
B
Any scouting for Quail?
We see limited numbers of quail but alot of dove on this side of the local mountains. If you go out the 138 there is a ton of quail. My friend lives in Pinion Hills on 2.5 acres and he has tons of them. They are all over in that high desert area.

OP
B
Welcome to RS.
Ever go to Burro canyon?
No growing up in the middle of nowhere made me leary of organized shooting ranges. I like shooting where some dingling having a bad day because their parents kicked them out of their basement cant kill me. Im sure its a nice place but i have not been. It is a 15 minute drive up Azusa Canyon from my house. I go out to the slot canyons in Lytle Creek on BLM land.

JRMiller

WKR
No growing up in the middle of nowhere made me leary of organized shooting ranges. I like shooting where some dingling having a bad day because their parents kicked them out of their basement cant kill me. Im sure its a nice place but i have not been. It is a 15 minute drive up Azusa Canyon from my house. I go out to the slot canyons in Lytle Creek on BLM land.
Yep, knowhow you feel. I usually go out to Barstow blm but a good friend lives in Glendora and likes it there so i risk it for him occasionally.
Actually he doesnt like it, hes just too lazy to drive out to Lyttle or barstow.

Take a full auto belt feed to your local free range, turn your 12 y.o. boy loose. folks clear out really fast. Especially the crowd that is sharing one handgun amongst 5 adults.

we went shooting up in the rosamond area last weekend, hauled home 6 hefty bags of trash and a good 200 lbs of junk. Most of it was empty boxes, plastic cartridge holders,, improvised target stands, pieces of appliances, car parts etc.. Absolutely pisses me off the way people treat our lands. My kids get bummed when it's time to go because they know they're going to be picking up everyone else's shit.

OP
B
we went shooting up in the rosamond area last weekend, hauled home 6 hefty bags of trash and a good 200 lbs of junk. Most of it was empty boxes, plastic cartridge holders,, improvised target stands, pieces of appliances, car parts etc.. Absolutely pisses me off the way people treat our lands. My kids get bummed when it's time to go because they know they're going to be picking up everyone else's shit.
I know how you feel. It doesnt take much time at all to pick up after yourself when your done shooting. I like that pic of your son by the way.

That's an awesome pic. Good on ya for picking up trash too, its amazing how irresponsible people can be

Zak89

FNG
Welcome from a fellow prisoner! Planning my escape from here every day -- too expensive.