Newbie from Alberta Bucket list adventures!

Scotty

FNG
Just wanted to see how this place works? I have a strange story, 5 years ago now I was diagnosed with large diffuse B cell lymphoma. It unfortunately, after my first bout with Cancer, spread to my brain. I had 2 months to live. I made my peace with God and family and friends and prayed, if you have anything left for me to do, I’m 100% available, or I’ll be meeting you really soon. Well, I was told I’d have 20% chance for the 1st year out of hospital and 40% chance of survival for each year for the rest of my life. I’m still here and borrowed time opens your eyes to all that we’ve been blessed with! I have started investing in every aspect of Experiencing hunting and adventure on a budget, but with a focus on being thankful for each second I’m able to absorb while calling in the elk woods or stalking deer. I’ve made it my goal to enjoy and notice the little things, while on my bucket list adventures! Another thing, I have changed my goals in hunting. I have eaten tag soup many times as the only ones I want to take are going on the wall. When I started to hunt as if this will be my once in a lifetime deer, bear, elk or sheep. I have had so many opportunities to see creation on a completely different level and had an incredible 2020 season. I hope you all have an incredible 2021 season and remember tag soup is fantastic when you realize you are experiencing nature in it’s purest form when you are a part of it!

OP
Scotty

Scotty

FNG
There’s some absolutely amazing hunting up here. You should ask your family member to be a hunter host and you’ll be able to go with him just like a local. It’ll take some work on his part but well worth it! Hope you have an amazing 2021 season!

Back in southeastern North Carolina. Spent 20 years as field biologist, almost all of it in the field. Still can’t get enough time outdoors! Miss AB!

OP
Scotty

Scotty

FNG
Back in southeastern North Carolina. Spent 20 years as field biologist, almost all of it in the field. Still can’t get enough time outdoors! Miss AB!
I’m loving living in God’s country! The Rockies, foothills and Boreal forests have gripped me for life! The main thing is to recognize what we’ve been blessed with no matter where we live. Each day is a gift and the gift we’ve been given is time. Spend it wisely!