Newbie from New Zealand

308nz

FNG
Hi everyone,
New to this site so thanks for taking the time to read this.
I am from the central north island of NZ a very small place called Raurimu.
Me and a mate are planning a hunting trip to the US when this covid 19 is done and dusted. We are keen on an Elk and White tail hunt and any advice on when and where would be great. We both have properties with plenty of red deer, fallow & pigs so if any of you are keen and are planning a trip down these ways would be more than happy to show you around our neck of the woods.
Cheers Mark

OP

308nz

FNG
Welcome.

Are you doing bow or gun? Public land or looking for private?
Thanks for the welcome guy's.
Planning a rifle hunt mate. Our trip is as much about exploring a cool part of the states with a good excuse to go hunting. I have read a bit about tags and permits required, it is all a bit confusing for a dumb kiwi! I'm guessing private would be a whole lot easier but a whole lot costlier. If anyone has some recommendations with regards to some good outfitters that we could contact would be much appreciated. We are not after any record breaking mounts but a nice representative would be great.
Thanks for your time.
Mark

pk_

WKR
Planning a rifle hunt mate. Our trip is as much about exploring a cool part of the states with a good excuse to go hunting. I have read a bit about tags and permits required, it is all a bit confusing for a dumb kiwi! I'm guessing private would be a whole lot easier but a whole lot costlier. If anyone has some recommendations with regards to some good outfitters that we could contact would be much appreciated. We are not after any record breaking mounts but a nice representative would be great.
Thanks for your time.
Mark
Well I know NZ has a lot of vast rugged terrain, so if you guys are used to hunting the public land there then you are probably prepared to hunt public land in western US. I would think.

I have not been able to HUNT out west, so I do not have any specific public land I could recommend. But I have very close friends and family who live out west so I could point you in the right direction of where I personally would go for those species with that weapon as I have done a lot of research on doing a similar hunt on public land.
Tho I haven’t hunted out west I have hunted all over the rest of the country for public land whitetails and there is some great hunting to be had for some guys who don’t mind putting in the effort.
But if you have the $$ private land or an outfitter would be much better for the most part.
If you don’t get any better offers feel free to PM me.

OP

308nz

FNG
Well I know NZ has a lot of vast rugged terrain, so if you guys are used to hunting the public land there then you are probably prepared to hunt public land in western US. I would think.

I have not been able to HUNT out west, so I do not have any specific public land I could recommend. But I have very close friends and family who live out west so I could point you in the right direction of where I personally would go for those species with that weapon as I have done a lot of research on doing a similar hunt on public land.
Tho I haven’t hunted out west I have hunted all over the rest of the country for public land whitetails and there is some great hunting to be had for some guys who don’t mind putting in the effort.
But if you have the $$ private land or an outfitter would be much better for the most part.
If you don’t get any better offers feel free to PM me.
Thanks mate much appreciated! When I get 10 posts out of the way I will PM you. Would prefer to diy only problem with that being traveling half way around the world dosen't leave us a lot of time for scouting a good spot. I will keep you posted though.
Cheers mate

Kiwi

FNG
Hi everyone,
New to this site so thanks for taking the time to read this.
I am from the central north island of NZ a very small place called Raurimu.
Me and a mate are planning a hunting trip to the US when this covid 19 is done and dusted. We are keen on an Elk and White tail hunt and any advice on when and where would be great. We both have properties with plenty of red deer, fallow & pigs so if any of you are keen and are planning a trip down these ways would be more than happy to show you around our neck of the woods.
Cheers Mark
Send me a PM if you want info. I've DIY hunted elk and whitetail a few times over there.

Plivey

FNG
Thanks for your time.
Mark

Mark - I’m in the same boat re the 10pt thing (also a Newbie) so don’t know if I can send/receive PMs or not at this stage. Anyway, if PMs are an option for you, I can help with info. I lived in NZ for several years, have hunted free range sika and reds in a few places around your way, and get back there with regularity. I also happen to chase elk and whitetails across the western US from Sept through Dec annually, so think I can give some solid leads for a couple of Kiwis. Least I can do for the years hospitality and adventure NZ has given to me. Feel free to hit me up.