Newbie from VA

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I am 43 from Hampton Roads and caught a case of AOH. It started with being an avid cook, to foraging, and now into hunting. I have been blessed to have a friend that is an avid hunter and that has land, and he has taken me on my first hunt (WV spring gobbler) where I couldn't close the deal, but I got hooked. I am going down rabbit hole in preparation for deer season.

I will mostly be hunting public land in VA with a couple of trips to WV to learn/hunt with my friend.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. Grew up in VB and did a fair amount of dove and duck hunting there in the 70's. I'm guessing VB no longer has a corn field in the entire city. :D Still have a house in King's Grant and many friends in the area. I left in the late 80's but do consider VB home so is good to see your location that brings back such fond memories.

OP
A

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. Grew up in VB and did a fair amount of dove and duck hunting there in the 70's. I'm guessing VB no longer has a corn field in the entire city. :D Still have a house in King's Grant and many friends in the area. I left in the late 80's but do consider VB home so is good to see your location that brings back such fond memories.
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been in VB since 1988. My dad was in the Navy and retired here, and I stuck around. There are very few farms left compared to what it used to be in the late 80's and early 90s. Pungo actually isn't considered the sticks anymore, and is developed like you wouldn't believe.

The King's Grant area is nice, but on the opposite side of the city from me. I live n the Kempsville area.