Newbie Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I get it too, but 10 posts seems a bit arbitrary and may force unnecessary posts - similar to this one - just seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to have multiple paths to privileges, that blocks spammers, etc but allows inclusion of all legitimate members.

Please tell me where this spam/scam blocker exists?

Last edited:

Axlrod

WKR
I get it too, but 10 posts seems a bit arbitrary and may force unnecessary posts - similar to this one - just seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to have multiple paths to privileges, that blocks spammers, etc but allows inclusion of all legitimate members.
Any minimum number of posts picked would be arbitrary, but the protection of the community as a whole far out weigh the temporary inconvenience experienced by new members. As far as buying items in the classifieds I wouldn't send money to anyone that joined last week and then made 10 posts in order to list a bunch of stuff for sale. This is the best form period for hunters. If you are here for the long haul it will be proven before you know it!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
And remember we didn’t build Rokslide for the classifieds it’s just a great byproduct of this forum. It’s about 12% of our traffic that takes up way more of my time than it should with buyer and seller issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L

lif

WKR
And remember we didn’t build Rokslide for the classifieds it’s just a great byproduct of this forum. It’s about 12% of our traffic that takes up way more of my time than it should with buyer and seller issues.

Also a point I wanted to make in my original post but didn’t want to put words in your mouth Ryan. Keep up the good work boys and protect the great platform you’ve created for us for as long as possible. Thanks again Rokslide Staff!!

sneaky

"DADDY"

That's because you had chicken pox then started selling off your camo! That's one way to get rid of spammers lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bozz

FNG
Other forums for other stuff have far stricter rules. If you're in such a pinch that you can't wait 7 days to buy or sell something you need to plan better.

Not here for the classifieds. I joined here back in 2016 but never posted and don't spend a lot of time sitting behind a keyboard. I am busy enjoying life and being active. I enjoy reading the useful information in here. Not a big poster. On any site. I have been on another site for over 18 years and could care less about any member " level" designations based upon quantity of post. It should be quality not quantity.
I am not sure why anyone should complain about newbies. Everyone was one at one time.

myerz28

FNG
I am in a motorcycle forum love to dabble in new territory. My best friend has been begging me to hunt for years i moved to CO last year. Have bought a bunch of gear but this site does have great deals to trade between people. I am excited to be part of such a form thanks.

Though I understand the need, the rules pigeon hole new people who don't feel they have enough experience to add anything and who also don't have much money to invest in gear, thus relying on second hand gear.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Though I understand the need, the rules pigeon hole new people who don't feel they have enough experience to add anything and who also don't have much money to invest in gear, thus relying on second hand gear.

Just head over to the FNG page and welcome people! It takes more time to whine than it does to meet the minimums. And if you are here to learn, search some topics, ask some questions, and bam! You'll have more than enough posts! I'm primarily a lurker but even I see 10 posts as a pathetically small amount of effort to gain access to any part of the forum, let alone the classifieds.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

There's is plenty for new users/inexperienced people to add, questions, encouragement and general community involvement. I would recommend dont fire off "what's the best xyz", but do some research and ask "i'm looking at product x and y, this is why, has someone used both?"

OP
L

lif

WKR
My wife would leave me and my kids would start calling the mailman dad if I told them “ I want to join a new hunting forum but it’s too tough on me because I have to make ten posts and a wait a week.” Man up boys!! And girls. 😉.

The 10 post limit isn't bad at all. I'm not there yet but I'm working on it and at the same time I'm here to do more reading of reviews then classified surfing so if it takes me a year to get to 10 so be it.

tdhanses

WKR
Just curious if there are any exceptions to the 10 post rule? I love this site and have used it to purchase pants, binoculars and a spotting scope all before the 10 post requirement was established. I am trying to sell some binoculars of my own and I don't have any privileges. Love the site and the information I glean but am still new to hunting so don't have many comments that I feel are worth making or someone else hasn't offered. Thanks for considering.

Is it really that hard to get 10 posts?

revcwood

FNG
I have been a “lurker” on the site for a long time-mostly just reading posts and articles. I have no problem with the new rule, it makes me participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.