Newer bows - specifically bowtech guys

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I've been tied up the past few weeks - I am mainly wanting for elk hunting and spot and stalk deer/caribou
No worries at all.

I'm shooting a Bowtech SR350, 71 lbs (measured) and a 29.5" draw, 465 grain arrow and getting 294 fps (measured)
Guys shooting a Solution are saying its almost the same and not really worth upgrading

I came from a Revolt so for me it was worth upgrading

The SR350 had me a little worried as I have never had a "Speed" bow. The SR350 is a 6" brace height which I was also worried about but its a dream to shoot.

I'm shooting it in the Comfort mode and the draw cycle isn't much more aggressive than the Revolt or the Realm that I shot previously.

So far, this is by far my favorite Bowtech that I've ever shot. I did shoot the RevoltXL and the Revolt X80 as well. Both have great draw cycles. The RevoltXL from what I found is most efficient at the longest draw cycle so with me shooting a 29" draw, I found the SR350 a much better bow. It has a SLIGHTLY more aggressive draw cycle but the speed gains were worth it. I also really liked the RevoltX80 but I wasn't interested in shooting an 80lb bow. I know I could back it down to 70 lbs but I find *MOST* bows perform best at peak settings

I did not shoot the CP28, being an elk guy, spot and stalk, and mountain hunting; I perfer a bit longer axel to axel for the stability.

If you have any specific question, please ask away and I will do the best I can to answer it.

OP
C

Cowbell

WKR
No worries at all.

I'm shooting a Bowtech SR350, 71 lbs (measured) and a 29.5" draw, 465 grain arrow and getting 294 fps (measured)
Guys shooting a Solution are saying its almost the same and not really worth upgrading

I came from a Revolt so for me it was worth upgrading

The SR350 had me a little worried as I have never had a "Speed" bow. The SR350 is a 6" brace height which I was also worried about but its a dream to shoot.

I'm shooting it in the Comfort mode and the draw cycle isn't much more aggressive than the Revolt or the Realm that I shot previously.

So far, this is by far my favorite Bowtech that I've ever shot. I did shoot the RevoltXL and the Revolt X80 as well. Both have great draw cycles. The RevoltXL from what I found is most efficient at the longest draw cycle so with me shooting a 29" draw, I found the SR350 a much better bow. It has a SLIGHTLY more aggressive draw cycle but the speed gains were worth it. I also really liked the RevoltX80 but I wasn't interested in shooting an 80lb bow. I know I could back it down to 70 lbs but I find *MOST* bows perform best at peak settings

I did not shoot the CP28, being an elk guy, spot and stalk, and mountain hunting; I perfer a bit longer axel to axel for the stability.

If you have any specific question, please ask away and I will do the best I can to answer it.
Thank you - I may reach out after I go shoot some bows. Hoping to find a used bow though.

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you - I may reach out after I go shoot some bows. Hoping to find a used bow though.
I would see if you can find a Solution. I have been hearing those are super close to the SR350 and like I said, the SR350 is one of the best bows I've ever shot. There is a facebook group called Bowtech Brotherhood, lots of different Bowtechs popping up on there

I bought a Hoyt Torrex a year ago as the first bow I’ve ever owned. I’ve been shooting it in my yard over the year learning. I’m planning to get into archery hunting and am ready to upgrade to a flagship platform that I can run for several years.

I want something that will be durable enough to last through thousands of practice shots and durable to take the abuse of mountain hunting.

I shot a BowTech SS34 and CP28 alongside a Hoyt Ventum Pro in my local pro shop. He also has an SR350, but it’s not assembled yet. I will shoot that as well when het gets it assembled. I personally found the BowTechs to be a little smoother and easier to hold at full draw than the Hoyt.

I really like the deadlock cam system, and how easy it is to tune and keep in time without having to use a bow press. The smoothness and the technology of the BowTechs really impresses me. I have read about problems with limbs delaminating in the past and the limb pockets are made of plastic so right now durability is giving me pause long-term on the BowTechs. My brother has been shooting a BowTech Prodigy for years, has taken a lot of different animals with it, and carried it around the mountains with no issue. He says they’re durable.

What is the consensus among this group about the long-term durability of the new flagship BowTechs versus the Hoyt Ventum Pros and now VTMs?